Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2009 3:28:12 PM EST
I was wondering if anyone here has used and can recommend an outfitter (fair chase only, no canned hunts). The deer density here is improving, but the genetics are pretty bad for the most part. I have killed a few deer that were considered large around here, but elsewhere would be considered fairly puny, even though they were all mature deer. I am not looking to bag a HUGE 200+ deer or anything like that, I just want to try my luck in another part of the country. Hell, I would just like to see some new country...we all know that it isn't just about getting a deer. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 10:07:12 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/12/2009 10:12:12 PM EST by Zoomer]
If you are talking about coming out west to hunt then I would
look into getting your tag first. I think Co. has some over the counter
tags for some good areas but alot of hunts require that you draw a
tag, which may take years.

I subscribe to Eastmans hunting journal,
lot of good tag info in there. Deadline for Az. has just passed.

After you get a tag, then hunt up a guide.

Edit: http://www.eastmans.com/

Check the outfitter section, some may be able to round you up a tag.($$)
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 10:50:52 PM EST
Originally Posted By Darkhawk:
I was wondering if anyone here has used and can recommend an outfitter (fair chase only, no canned hunts). The deer density here is improving, but the genetics are pretty bad for the most part. I have killed a few deer that were considered large around here, but elsewhere would be considered fairly puny, even though they were all mature deer. I am not looking to bag a HUGE 200+ deer or anything like that, I just want to try my luck in another part of the country. Hell, I would just like to see some new country...we all know that it isn't just about getting a deer. Thanks in advance.

Are you talking TN only?

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:39:36 PM EST
Originally Posted By supremeweasel67:

Are you talking TN only?

No, anywhere with whitetails is good. Do you have a good one here in TN? I know further west in TN there are some bruisers!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:40:26 PM EST
Thanks for info.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:34:14 PM EST
Originally Posted By supremeweasel67:

Are you talking TN only?

No, anywhere with whitetails is good. Do you have a good one here in TN? I know further west in TN there are some bruisers!

IM Me

I have some in ILL,MO,and KY

Top Top