Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2011 9:19:02 AM EDT
Glad to see more in the medical field providing practical advice.

Survival Doctor

Another tool for the toolbox..
Link Posted: 12/11/2011 9:22:13 AM EDT
Awesome link and nice find. I'm adding it to my favs right now.
Link Posted: 12/11/2011 10:09:57 AM EDT
Great website! Thanks for that.
Link Posted: 12/11/2011 10:32:57 AM EDT
great site....but if i can get to the internet i can get to the emergency room......
Link Posted: 12/11/2011 11:05:12 AM EDT
Anyone saw the use of ductape to close the wound? He used super glue too but in a very weird way, as if using it to reinforce the duct tape on the sides which really wouldnt help in that regard. The way Ive seen superglue used (and used it that way myself too) is aplying it to the cut directly when holding both sides of the wound together. Comments on how it was used along with ducttape?
FerFAL
Link Posted: 12/11/2011 11:11:53 AM EDT
Originally Posted By gjg:
great site....but if i can get to the internet i can get to the emergency room......

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:26:36 PM EDT
Just joined the forum. Thanks for the comments on my site.

Yes, you might be able to get treatment at the ER if the internet is up. Unless the roads are blocked–– from storms, floods, trees, social upheaval, etc. And if the ER's not already overflowing with injuries worse than yours.

Still, I get your point. Sometime later this year I plan to write some how-two ebooks that you can download on your phone, tablet, computer, etc. or print out and laminate. If that goes over, I'll publish a print book version. Also, as soon as Kindle catches up, I plan to add videos to the book, in an algorithm form. (If you have this problem, click to this video).
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:35:03 PM EDT
Thanks for the feedback on using the duct tape and glue.

In my experience the glue works best for smaller cuts. I haven't had much luck using it for jagged cuts, cuts that tend to bleed a lot, or gape open. Also it doesn't work well over joints, or areas of the body that move a lot.

For these areas sutures, of course, work the best. But if they're not an option, then drying the area and taping is an alternative. The glue for extra adhesion of the tape to the skin? I think it works pretty well.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:38:43 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TheSurvivalDoctor:
Just joined the forum. Thanks for the comments on my site.

Yes, you might be able to get treatment at the ER if the internet is up. Unless the roads are blocked–– from storms, floods, trees, social upheaval, etc. And if the ER's not already overflowing with injuries worse than yours.

Still, I get your point. Sometime later this year I plan to write some how-two ebooks that you can download on your phone, tablet, computer, etc. or print out and laminate. If that goes over, I'll publish a print book version. Also, as soon as Kindle catches up, I plan to add videos to the book, in an algorithm form. (If you have this problem, click to this video).

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:47:48 PM EDT
Glad you joined Doctor!

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:45:05 PM EDT
Thanks
Top Top