Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2009 7:43:36 AM EST
Hydration Pack

Are these up to par with the camelbacks? For $40 I would think they would be decent and hold up to use.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 10:35:05 AM EST
ITs hard to say. Coleman is so hit or miss right now. The stove and lanterns they have down. Compression sacks are a no go. Bags are good for family tent camping. Ect. Interusting to see how these hold up. What is the warranty on the bladder? The newer camelbaks I have purchased said lifetime warranty.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 5:41:07 PM EST
Im sure the pack its self is fine. They bladder is probably sub par. If you are a serious camper I would stay away from colmen. While they dont make crappy stuff they dont make great stuff either(execpt for maybe the stoves/lanterns). If you are looking for car camping once in awhile stuff, they will be fine. For a little extra though better stuff is out there. camelbaks bladders are 2nd to none. I bought a new pack at REI and Im going to put a camelbak military bladder in it. BTW I think the best of their bladders is the .mil line. I have a military spec H.A.W.G. that I got for cheap of ebay and have beat the the crap out of it and have nothing to show for it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:05:52 PM EST
I have a Coleman similar to this, prolly few years old.. I used it for 2 years hiking. works great. then I thought I'd upgrade to a Camelbak,,, I like the way the coleman rode on my back better, it was more comfortable. I use the coleman alot more then the camelbak.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:35:44 PM EST
I just bought a Camleback 3 Liter Unbottle for 40 dollars and slid it into a surplus German Ranger mountain rucksack. I haven't been able to go hiking with it yet but ist should do ok.

For the price of the coleman I would just get a Camelback. I think the 2l version was 30 dollars
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:35:11 PM EST
I did a little testing last night,, while I like the way the coleman rides, the camelbak is easyer to suck water threw...
Top Top