Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 8/7/2017 10:30:38 PM EDT
If possible, don't go cheap.  Basic latex will work, Nitrile is better.  Standard thickness is OK, but heavy duty is generally better.  I keep these around for everything from stocking in the first aid kit to changing the oil on the truck...at 8 mil thickness, I have rarely broke or punctured them even when working in rough environments.  Also, I started out with the color black (it was what they had when I ordered) but now I stick with blue...why...?... it's a lot easier to see fluid contamination, ie, blood, on blue than black.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 10:43:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I but then in bulk at Costco for the general purpose gloves, then I keep the extra heavy duty Venom gloves for usually mechanical work and butchering critters.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 4:19:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I but then in bulk at Costco for the general purpose gloves, then I keep the extra heavy duty Venom gloves for usually mechanical work and butchering critters.
View Quote
I love latex as an RN but it will rip apart in a couple of years.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 7:58:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 8:03:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 8:42:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Be real careful even with the heavy duty ones. As a funeral director I go through a lot of gloves and still manage to tear them a few times a month. The heavy ones seem to have an anomaly wear the finger tips of different gloves will fuse together in the box and when you pull them out they will tear holes in the tips.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 9:22:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
I buy venom brand as well they are tough enough to not get shredded
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 10:06:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The bulk gloves from Costco are nitrile. Best price I have found, even when comparing online. They are just "exam" grade. The Venom gloves are just really thick black nitrile. Very strong. I'm sure there are cheaper sources than Menards, but I don't use them too often. 
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 10:46:01 AM EDT
[#8]
I get the Duraskin from Amazon.  They hold up much longer than HF or any thinner nitrile when working with automotive paint chemicals and cleaning paint guns.  Sometimes I can even take them off and re-use them for the entire day.  They actually fit to size and are flexible.  Some of the HF gloves are hard to put on and the second you make a fist, they blow out. 
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 1:59:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Use the standard nitrite thickness.

If doing heavy work use a pair of hf half dipped gloves over them.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 3:13:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 1:07:54 PM EDT
[#11]
No expert.  We buy the Costco gloves.  Pick up dog poop, fuel & work on chain saws, clean guns & reload, pump gas (hate the smell of gas on me), etc.  Not the greatest, but work and I go through a lot of them, single use only!
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 6:25:44 PM EDT
[#12]
I go through quite a few disposable gloves at work.. Working on dirty equipment.. etc as well as at home working on vehicles.

I have found these ansell gloves are pretty durable..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KCGK62S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

at work I use those but at home I use gloves my wife gets from work. She works at a vet hospital and she just orders a case and it comes out to something like 2-3 dollars a box for gloves. They aren't as durable as those ansell ones but for the price I don't care if they rip.

As for non disposable gloves.. I LOVE the maxiflex endurance gloves. Get them a little small and you have great dexterity and they will stretch.  Throw them in the wash they clean right up and go back to normal size. Awesome comfort and dexterity with them though.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 8:46:51 PM EDT
[#13]
remember to store them in a cool place. If stored in hot or humid area they will rip and stick together so much as to be unusable
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:49:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
remember to store them in a cool place. If stored in hot or humid area they will rip and stick together so much as to be unusable
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 1:39:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
For those that love the feel of latex, the tactile sensitivity, fit, and stretchability, but want a non-latex glove due to allergy, or contact dermatitis, or because they might come into contact with someone sensitive to latex, look into neoprene.

I've been using this more often now, it really has very similar qualities to latex, with all the advantages of nitrile, without the nitrile lack of stretchiness.

I happen to like this particular brand, but there are several on the market.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/59378/microflex-275039.jpg
View Quote
Those look good - the nitriles we use now are very meh.  We used latex up until a few years ago.  The fit is great, but a lot of us started getting contact dermatitis.  Old boxes tended to tear easier and I'm glad they're gone.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:28:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Get the ones at sams. Use it to prepare foods to anything else. They aint that strong. Changed my mother oil in her car today. Went through like 4 pairs of those fuckers.

Need better ones for sure for stuff like first aid and workin on cars.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:57:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
For those that love the feel of latex, the tactile sensitivity, fit, and stretchability, but want a non-latex glove due to allergy, or contact dermatitis, or because they might come into contact with someone sensitive to latex, look into neoprene.

I've been using this more often now, it really has very similar qualities to latex, with all the advantages of nitrile, without the nitrile lack of stretchiness.

I happen to like this particular brand, but there are several on the market.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/59378/microflex-275039.jpg
View Quote
That's what I went with for years, but can't get them at my current facility.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:21:18 PM EDT
[#18]
I use these ones when turning wrenches, cleaning guns, etc..
Kimberly-Clark

The aren't that durable, almost always tearing.  But if you double them up (two gloves on each hand), they rarely tear.  And when they do, it's only the outer one.  When I'm done, the outer ones are trashed, and I toss them, the inner ones are still good, and I save them to be the outers next time.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 4:32:33 PM EDT
[#19]
I snag extra surgical gloves from work.
Currently polyisoprene is the go to in most of the facilities I've worked in.
Strong and tactile.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 9:05:17 AM EDT
[#20]
I buy nitrile at Sam's in bulk.  Use them for everything (gun cleaning, etc).  They're fairly durable.  Enough so I usually get two or three gun cleanings out of a single pair.

I'd like to find thicker nitrile for some activities.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 11:26:55 AM EDT
[#21]
I use 6, 8 and 12 mil nitrile gloves from gemplers.com. They also sell cotton inner gloves for long term wear of the nitrile gloves.

The maxiflex gloves good for palm coverage
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top