Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 3/13/2010 11:44:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Just heard a talking head on Fox News business show joke about the Obama "Great Leap Forward Act of 2010". Said it's put 100 million people back to work by outlawing farm equipment!

They were talking about the farce of 'green jobs' at the time...

Sharkman, you are either getting a larger audience than you know, or your day job is on FNC. Either on is good IMHO.

MOAR???
Link Posted: 3/13/2010 1:14:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By ksmedman:
Just heard a talking head on Fox News business show joke about the Obama "Great Leap Forward Act of 2010". Said it's put 100 million people back to work by outlawing farm equipment!

Sharkman, you are either getting a larger audience than you know, or your day job is on FNC. Either on is good IMHO.

MOAR???

Need to write the next installment as two full chapters.  Can't do partial installments, it just won't work.  And this next one will be the final installment.  With OT and school, please bear with me.

That and I'm really trying to find the right way to describe the surrender ceremony where Sean hands his pistol over to James Pritchard.

Link Posted: 3/13/2010 3:23:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By sharkman6:
Need to write the next installment as two full chapters.  Can't do partial installments, it just won't work.  And this next one will be the final installment.  With OT and school, please bear with me.

That and I'm really trying to find the right way to describe the surrender ceremony where Sean hands his pistol over to James Pritchard.

Good one

I am patiently waiting. Please don't rush to closure. You've been building up to this for a while.
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/14/2010 3:57:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: heron163] [#4]
[quot[/quote]

snip, snip

[/quote]

hopefully so Pritchard can give himself a one gun salute to the melon...

Link Posted: 3/15/2010 3:09:10 PM EDT
[#5]

MOAR???

Need to write the next installment as two full chapters. Can't do partial installments, it just won't work. And this next one will be the final installment. With OT and school, please bear with me.

LOL... No worries, it is definitely too good to rush! I could so see this as a movie. Who would you want playing Sean Bastle?

Link Posted: 3/15/2010 11:36:42 PM EDT
[#6]

MOAR???

Need to write the next installment as two full chapters. Can't do partial installments, it just won't work. And this next one will be the final installment. With OT and school, please bear with me.

LOL... No worries, it is definitely too good to rush! I could so see this as a movie. Who would you want playing Sean Bastle?

Sean Penn  
Link Posted: 3/16/2010 12:02:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Sean Penn  

Commie fuck
Link Posted: 3/18/2010 1:22:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BroncoMafia] [#8]
Sean Bastle could be played by:

gerard butler
russell crowe
sam shepherd
eric bana
kirk acevedo
robert patrick
james morrison

DeNiro

edited to add: get 'ritin Sharkman
Link Posted: 3/18/2010 6:14:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Originally Posted By FIELD_MP:

Sean Penn

Commie fuck

+1.

Janeane Garofalo would be manlier...

Just as much a commie fuck though.

I picture him looking like Bill Apiata when I'm reading.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Apiata

Link Posted: 3/20/2010 7:00:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kaiserworks] [#10]

I just read his bio, he's been in the NZ armed forces since 1989 and his RANK IS CORPORAL???

WTF, is it hard to get promoted there even after you've earned the VC?
Link Posted: 3/20/2010 7:09:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Originally Posted By kaiserworks:

I just read his bio, he's been in the NZ armed forces since 1989 and his RANK IS CORPORAL???

WTF, is it hard to get promoted there even after you've earned the VC?

Maybe what makes him a great warrior also makes him a less than great soldier...

Link Posted: 3/20/2010 8:15:46 PM EDT
[#12]
The British\Aus\NZ armed forces aren't like ours where it is up or out.  If you get to a rank you like, you can stay there.  If you like being a squaddie, you can stay a squaddie without the adverse career effects you'd have in the U.S.
Link Posted: 3/20/2010 9:24:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Come on Sharky, don't tease us like that.
When we see a post from you in this thread, we expect "progress" . . .
on the story that is
Link Posted: 3/21/2010 2:16:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kaiserworks] [#14]
The British\Aus\NZ armed forces aren't like ours where it is up or out.  If you get to a rank you like, you can stay there.  If you like being a squaddie, you can stay a squaddie without the adverse career effects you'd have in the U.S.

I'm sorry but give the man a a third stripe at the very least!?!? He earned the VC for crying out loud.
Link Posted: 3/22/2010 10:41:31 PM EDT
[#15]
You're killing me here man! More more more!!!
Link Posted: 3/22/2010 10:58:40 PM EDT
[#16]
This is getting painful.
Link Posted: 3/22/2010 11:23:30 PM EDT
[#17]
He must be getting some real inspiration from the progessive news on sunday night.
Link Posted: 3/23/2010 3:09:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Please give us another chapter SOON !!!!! Great story.  Seems like it is going off the dailey news.  Very scary.
Link Posted: 3/23/2010 11:06:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sharkman6] [#19]
Link Posted: 3/24/2010 12:33:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Thanks for the update.  Another good read.
Link Posted: 3/24/2010 1:22:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Thanks for that.. Took my mind off the crap going on with hc..
Link Posted: 3/24/2010 1:50:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Well done!!! Just what I needed!
Now back to work!
Link Posted: 3/24/2010 3:54:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/24/2010 5:19:18 AM EDT
[#24]

Originally Posted By Lotus7:

Well done!!! Just what I needed!

Now back to work!

Link Posted: 3/24/2010 10:38:43 AM EDT
[#25]
AWESOME!
Jim has now passed through the gauntlet and become a true peer with the veterans.

With the layout of the battlefield, I am surprised the irrigation ditch wasn't prepped with explosives.
From a propaganda perspective to motivate a national resistance movement, there is no substitute for the battle as it played out, but blowing the survivors to hell when they took cover in the ditch would have been a fine coup de grace.
I guess all the explosives were used to demo the roads. Still waiting to see to what effect that was done.

The large force charging across the field must have visually looked like something from our first revolutionary war.
Farmers vs. "Bluecoats" . . . I like the sound of it.

I've said it before Sharkman, but I have to say it again.
This story RULES.

Now hurry up and give us more :-)
Link Posted: 3/24/2010 12:35:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Awesome.... Thanks..
Link Posted: 3/24/2010 5:43:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Excellent, thanks for the new chapter. Please keep it coming.
Link Posted: 3/24/2010 10:34:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Awesome Sharkman
Link Posted: 3/24/2010 11:55:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By BroncoMafia:
With the layout of the battlefield, I am surprised the irrigation ditch wasn't prepped with explosives.
From a propaganda perspective to motivate a national resistance movement, there is no substitute for the battle as it played out, but blowing the survivors to hell when they took cover in the ditch would have been a fine coup de grace.
I guess all the explosives were used to demo the roads. Still waiting to see to what effect that was done.

A couple people asked about the TNT, so here is my answer.

If the PA came from another direction, Hooker could reposition the guns pretty easily.  That is what they are designed for.  But once that TNT is seeded, its in the ground and if the enemy doesn't use that avenue of approach, at best you'll have to go back later and recover it.  Also, the way Bastle runs his command, the only way they could set it off would be a command detonation and I couldn't imagine they would enough wire to do that.  Could they hook it up to a radio and detonated it that way?  They could, but that runs risks too, and I wouldn't see it worth the risk.  The only radios I see them having are civilian type stuff like CBs and the like.  You couldn't pay me to hookup TNT to a CB radio.

Cratering roads also takes a fair amount of demo, and as I picture it in my mind, I don't see them have enough to do more than blow a few roads.

Link Posted: 3/25/2010 12:47:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Thanks the the insight to your vision Shark.
It all makes sense.
More please :-)
Link Posted: 3/25/2010 10:38:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Hey Sharkman!  This story has been absolutley AWESOME so far!  It is especially gratifying to read a story about dedicated Americans fighting back against an oppressive government given the latest wave of oppression coming from those shitheads in DC.  Your story is inspiring and helps us keep our hopes up!!  PLEASE keep it coming.....but faster!!!!
Link Posted: 3/25/2010 12:56:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Thanks for the chapter.  I see that my begging helped!!!  Another great chapter to an outstanding story.  I don't think Comrade James will be with us much longer!!!  I wonder which one one of your characters will get to put a slug in his brain??
Link Posted: 3/25/2010 2:36:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Thank you for the update.  I look forward to each and every chapter.  Please do not make us wait too long for the next one.
Link Posted: 3/25/2010 3:14:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Don't listen to them sharkman. School is first and foremost!
Link Posted: 3/26/2010 9:32:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Absolutely awesome stuff!

I know your busy and admire your dedication to your duties.

Looking forward to MOAR when you get time!

.......Mounger
Link Posted: 3/30/2010 2:21:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Good work Sharkman!
Link Posted: 3/30/2010 5:20:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SigOwner_P229] [#37]
Originally Posted By SEMO:
Thanks for the chapter.  I see that my begging helped!!!  Another great chapter to an outstanding story.  I don't think Comrade James will be with us much longer!!!  I wonder which one one of your characters will get to put a slug in his brain??

It took me a minute to figure out WTH you were talking about. "Comrade" is typically for friendlies, and James is typically the given name for people called "Jim". I thought you were predicting that they were going to kill one of their own (Jim) and for the life of me I couldn't figure out what he had done wrong. Then it occurred to me that you were talking about James Pritchard or whatever his last name is.
Link Posted: 4/1/2010 8:00:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Instead of chocolate bunnies for Easter, I hope to receive the rest of chapter 30.

Link Posted: 4/2/2010 10:31:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Now would be good!!    
Link Posted: 4/6/2010 10:06:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sharkman6] [#40]
Link Posted: 4/6/2010 10:38:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Yes!  I like it.  Great job man.
Link Posted: 4/7/2010 12:51:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Yeah.
Link Posted: 4/7/2010 12:51:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Thanks for the update!
Link Posted: 4/7/2010 1:16:32 AM EDT
[#44]
yes.
Link Posted: 4/7/2010 7:37:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Thanks!  More Please!?

........Mounger
Link Posted: 4/7/2010 8:37:29 AM EDT
[#46]
WOW!
Thanks Sharkman
Link Posted: 4/7/2010 11:00:49 AM EDT
[#47]
WOW!!!! This has been amazing story so far! Thanks for the time and effort that you've put into this.
Link Posted: 4/7/2010 10:53:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Hardcore keep it going
Link Posted: 4/9/2010 4:03:21 PM EDT
[#49]
It's Friday Sharky.
Load us up :-)
Link Posted: 4/9/2010 10:20:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Gimme! Now!

Pleeeeze
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top