BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 4:46:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey great story, I am on chapter 29 and cant find the rest?  Was it moved?  Or am I missing something?
Thanks
Jason
Link Posted: 3/25/2012 11:22:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Aftermath_1] [#2]
This is one of my all time favoritees in the fiction section. It chilled me when i first read it because of all the real life parallels - It chills me even more now.

Ps i just noticed the ending is no longer here... wtf? :*(

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 12:08:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Frosty451:
This is one of my all time favoritees in the fiction section. It chilled me when i first read it because of all the real life parallels - It chills me even more now.

I pulled the last few chapters down because I hand delusions of grandeur about rewriting the thing and publishing it.  No time for that now.  Editing up Overt Actions and writing a new story, plus life, have detracted from that.  I might do the revamp on this after Nov, depending on which way the elections go and whether or not they let me bring my laptop into the gulag.

If you need the last chapters send me an email and I'll launch them your way.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 11:51:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Aftermath_1] [#4]
I would like to bump this story and bring it back the forum's attention.

This story remains one of my favorite here of all time (of ALL time ). Yes even more than Lights Out!

Not only do I believe it was a great story at the time It was written, but especially now more than ever in light of the last couple months.

Give it a read if you havent already, while you're waiting for an update to The Spartan's Last March!

Link Posted: 1/12/2013 11:22:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I would like to bump this story and bring it back the forum's attention.

This story remains one of my favorite here of all time (of ALL time ). Yes even more than Lights Out!

Not only do I believe it was a great story at the time It was written, but especially now more than ever in light of the last couple months.

Give it a read if you havent already, while you're waiting for an update to The Spartan's Last March!

Thanks.  I'm humbled by that compliment.

The political situation that has and still is unfolding was of course my motivation to write that.

Link Posted: 6/14/2013 1:33:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Just finished page 1 and loved it.

Page 2, on the other hand has the text so fucked up that it would be easier for me to write my own novel than read this one.
Link Posted: 6/14/2013 3:51:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By vanilla_gorilla:

Page 2, on the other hand has the text so fucked up that it would be easier for me to write my own novel than read this one.

Then don't read it... But I assure you you'll be missing out. I've re-read this story a couple of times.
Link Posted: 6/14/2013 6:46:12 AM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By 2T2_Crash:

Then don't read it... But I assure you you'll be missing out. I've re-read this story a couple of times.

I'd love to read it. Unfortunately, it appears to be almost totally illegible after page 1.
Link Posted: 6/14/2013 12:21:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By sharkman6:

I pulled the last few chapters down because I hand delusions of grandeur about rewriting the thing and publishing it.  No time for that now.  Editing up Overt Actions and writing a new story, plus life, have detracted from that.  I might do the revamp on this after Nov, depending on which way the elections go and whether or not they let me bring my laptop into the gulag.

If you need the last chapters send me an email and I'll launch them your way.

email sent
Link Posted: 6/16/2013 7:30:57 AM EDT
[#10]

I'd love to read it. Unfortunately, it appears to be almost totally illegible after page 1.

Looks like the formatting got fixed.  Give it another shot.

Check out The Spartan's Last March too when you get the chance.

Link Posted: 6/17/2013 7:10:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Originally Posted By sharkman6:

Looks like the formatting got fixed. Give it another shot.

Check out The Spartan's Last March too when you get the chance.

Thanks!

I read the Spartan's Last March before this one, and LOVED it!
Link Posted: 6/18/2013 6:25:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Terrific! I'd like to see the last few, as well.
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 8:59:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Just read the whole thing, awesome work!
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 6:28:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Absolutely awesome. just read the whole thing, going to head over to amazon for the two shorts.
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 4:03:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Greatness! I just spend the last several days reading through this after I read the Spartan's Last March. I look forward to MOAR!
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 7:16:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Outstanding story from a very talented writer, I enjoyed reading it, Thank you.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 11:15:40 AM EDT
[#17]
I just recently found out about this story and am only on Chap. 13.  This story was written 4.5 years ago but could easily only be a year away.  Wow.  Great writing and character building.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 5:59:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Just giving this great story a bump after rereading it (for the third time) and for members that may not have read it yet.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 9:27:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: greyguy] [#19]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By combatcanin08:

Just giving this great story a bump after rereading it (for the third time) and for members that may not have read it yet.

View Quote

Thanks for bumping this back to page one.  I just finished reading it for the first time and really enjoyed the story.

Link Posted: 6/20/2015 5:50:05 PM EDT
[#20]
So J.G. Did you ever finish "An Uneasy Peace" read the first part here, then bought 'Overt Actions' great reads.
Would like to see what you've got the aging warrior up to Lt. Col. Sean Bastle.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:44:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By alfa1:
So J.G. Did you ever finish "An Uneasy Peace" read the first part here, then bought 'Overt Actions' great reads.
Would like to see what you've got the aging warrior up to Lt. Col. Sean Bastle.

Thanks
View Quote

I have not started "An Uneasy Peace," yet.  Just not at the point in my life where I am ready to write that one yet.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 10:26:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Is there a way to read this whole story without being online?  Is it on amazon or anything?  

I am a fan of this author, and I believe I've read everything by him that is available except this.  I can do it online, it is just easier if I can download it and have it all in one piece.

I still wonder if we are ever going to hear Nickey-Lee's story.  A back story or what happens after he completes his mission would be awesome.

I'd also love to hear how LT. Col Bastle got to where he and the country are when those stories start.

Is  "Across the Scimitar" tied in to either of these story lines?  Seems a bit like it could be a prequel to either one.

Thank you for all of these awesome stories!
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 11:59:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Good read. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 9:29:18 AM EDT
[#24]
I agree, I've read all the rest of the story and have it on my kindle. I really want this part on there too, is there anyway to get you to put it up for download?
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 8:30:59 AM EDT
[#25]
I was wanting to recommend this book to a reading group I’m in but just discovered it is not on Kindle when I would have sworn it was.  I have bought everything you have published that I know of and I would buy A Flip Of The Coin if you put it on Kindle.

I really think you would sell more of the latter parts of the story if you published part 1.
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 9:38:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Mounger:
I was wanting to recommend this book to a reading group I’m in but just discovered it is not on Kindle when I would have sworn it was.  I have bought everything you have published that I know of and I would buy A Flip Of The Coin if you put it on Kindle.

I really think you would sell more of the latter parts of the story if you published part 1.
View Quote
I never posted it there because I never even attempted to edit it.  Regardless, I'll have it on Kindle within the week.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 1:52:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Good man!  Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 1:44:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Mounger:

View Quote
Should be there now.

Buyer Be Ware:  It was not professionally edited, so there are more than a few grammatical and formatting errors.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 2:35:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Thanks!!
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 11:35:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Bump for those who have missed this. Certainly seems prophetic.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 5:48:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Vaquero:
Bump for those who have missed this. Certainly seems prophetic.
View Quote

Yeah, here is a blast from the past.

Reread this not to long ago and was amazed at how well it has aged.  Most fictions of this sort seem trite and completely ridiculous with the passing of time and a changing current situation.

This is still strikingly relevant and a pretty engaging read.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 5:53:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: slapdaddy] [#32]
Also, the whole series is still (surprisingly) on Amazon Kindle
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 12:51:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By slapdaddy:
Also, the whole series is still (surprisingly) on Amazon Kindle
View Quote

Not anymore.  I just pulled all my stories from Kindle Direct Publishing.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 10:16:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Is there anywhere to get the story in its entirety? Or do you have other works available for purchase?

I fell into the rabbit hole reading stories here, and I'd love to read yours. I just don't want to get 90% done and the story ends

Link Posted: 2/3/2021 4:28:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By NWJohnny:
Is there anywhere to get the story in its entirety? Or do you have other works available for purchase?

I fell into the rabbit hole reading stories here, and I'd love to read yours. I just don't want to get 90% done and the story ends

View Quote

Send me a PM.  I'll get you a PDF.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 6:58:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Does anyone have the second part of this story?  I have everything else.
Page / 10
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top