Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2010 6:18:04 AM EDT
I have a 6x45 upper coming from Black Hole Weaponry for my 12 year old daughter to deer hunt with. There are so many bullet choices in 6mm/.243. Anybody have any experience with the 6x45 on game animals?
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 5:27:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I went with the .25-223 instead of 6x45 (for my 11 year old daughter) so sorry no help.

I'd just say to stay away from anything labelled as a "Varmint" bullet.

You may want to ask in the AR Variants forum as well.  Lots of 6x45 shooters over there.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 6:39:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I have shot a few deer using the Speer 80gr SP.  Using W-748 at 26.0 to 27.0 grs, I have the bullet going at an avearge of 2630 FPS for 27.0 grs.  All shots have been pass-throughs and deer recovered quickly.

I really love the round...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top