Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2007 5:47:57 AM EDT
Square 5 gallon metal cans, new and unused on craigslist.  He's in WV, not far from me in Martinsburg, WV.  http://westmd.craigslist.org/pts/395023290.html

I'll let you know what they look like.  More stuff for the crawlspace [:-(]
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:55:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Those look pretty useful.  Just a bit too far from Texas, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 6:36:02 AM EDT
[#2]
link made hot:

5 gal metal cans
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 9:48:04 AM EDT
[#3]
wonder what the insides look like?
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 10:17:42 AM EDT
[#4]
A few weeks ago, someone posted an online source for 5 gal Euro MFCs. C/Would that someone please put the link up again? I would be very thankful for that!

It was an outdoor supplier and had a wide range of goods, based in CA, I believe.

F
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:29:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 2:17:01 PM EDT
[#6]
That wasn't it. This one was an outdoors online store with a very wide range of products. Memory ... playing tricks.

Thanks anyway.

F

PS they are out of stock on the red 5 gallon Jerry cans and expect some in next Thursday (24th).
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 4:08:00 PM EDT
[#7]
 Major Surplus and Survival?  They occasionally have jerry cans.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:42:16 PM EDT
[#8]
It was Sportsman's Guide or Cabela's for used Swiss cans.

Roy
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 7:23:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Miller if you get a few bundles of those i'll take  a bundle off of you for 15$

let me know.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 2:56:02 AM EDT
[#10]
I am a pack-rat by nature so these cans would probably follow me home from a flea market or something. However, how useful could they really be? I have seen tins like these before and they are kind of flimsy, NOT built like a jerry can by any means. They will dent/puncture easily. Due to the age and material I would not store water in them. They were not designed for fuel so for safety resons I wouldn't do that. I suppose you could fill them with grains and such but a 5gal plastic bucket would work as well or better and I can get those for free all day long. To me they seem interesting but not really practical. JMHO/YMMV
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 3:22:45 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Miller if you get a few bundles of those i'll take  a bundle off of you for 15$

let me know.  

I can pick up 5 just as easy as the 4 I'm getting.  Lemmeeno, we can meet up at the range, since I'm severly lacking shooting days this year.

They store more compactly (less space between them),  than buckets which I have to pay for. (and pay dearly!)  Yes, they're probably a bit flimsy, but we're expecting that.  If they're heavy duty like old oil drums, I'll be buying a bit more

He's off of exit 14, and depending on dirt deliver tonight, I'll have them soon.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 3:51:21 AM EDT
[#12]
DH and I may be interested in a bundle or two; we're in Inwood if you're doing a group buy.  He's going to let me know later today.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 4:39:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Done Deal. I'll be taking the trailer up, so 10 bundles isn't a problem.....you did want 10, right?!!  

Since I'll eventually use them, 10 might not be a bad idea. Besides, it's only money.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 7:28:12 AM EDT
[#14]
DH said two bundles.  I'll PM you our home phone #.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 5:10:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Picking them up at 7pm Friday.  Ifn' ya want em, gimmee a shout Saturday & we'll set up a meet.
There'll be 10 bundles at the house Friday night, 2 for Bubbles, 1 for Turnskull, 4 for me and unless I fall in love with the 3 bundles that are left, someone can speak for them.
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 5:51:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Sweet man that sounds good.  When are you free to goto the range. I was up there the other day. it was clean but some fool tore up on of the benches.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 11:24:34 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Sweet man that sounds good.  When are you free to goto the range. I was up there the other day. it was clean but some fool tore up on of the benches.  

Gee, go figger?!! Someone tore something up?  No....not around here.

Would love to set up there some night w/ a camera....but I'd either be ignored by the "owners" or buried by the perp. (or burying the perps).  it's just disappointing that what we have is destroyed by those that are "entitled".

Shame.

(I'll give you a shout when I heading up) Probably next week, still working on the deck. Can probably meet you at VG2 when I drop off the others.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top