Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2009 8:59:56 PM EDT
Well I got my first coyote under my belt, a friend took me out coyote hunting yesterday.

No luck calling any in but we did jump a female in a creek bottom, he missed with the first shot and I put one round through the back of her shoulder/neck
she was running away out at about 150 yards and the shot dropped her immediately.

Well before you call BS I decided to skin her being that it was my first coyote, well I got a little to deep
while cutting her open guts fell out as did 4 embryo still in sack there were three that I could see two in and one fell all the way out.
suckers were about 3 inches long looked like they had nails and tail already.

Has anyone else seen this before?
All I can say that's the first and last coyote I'll skin, it was a pain in the but and stunk

I'll have pics up tomorrow after noon
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 9:13:36 PM EDT
I had a science teacher back in junior high school that used to get road kill fetus's from ODNR and LEO to use for display and dissection.
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 10:40:05 PM EDT
When I was a kid I shot a rabbit with a bow.

As I was going back home with it it sudenly started convulsing, so I dropped it on the ground and stomped on it's head until it suddenly gave birth to 3 baby rabbits.

I took them home and called the Humane Society that said they had a cat that would nurse baby rabbits.
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 11:54:58 AM EDT
I have killed a handful of rabbits with baby rabbits inside of them - if anyone wants to see picures I have some, though they are really quite awful.

I've never cut open a female yote this time of year, but what you saw is not unheard of. Good job on reducing the yote population x4 in your area - your local ranchers thank you!
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 3:32:22 PM EDT
Holy Crap!! What were you skinning it with? A machete? Axe?
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 3:41:33 PM EDT
I shoot a rabbit and got 2 at the same time as another rabbit had crossed its path at the same time, same thing happened when I shot a dove.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 4:39:34 PM EDT
Originally Posted By MudBug:
When I was a kid I shot a rabbit with a bow.

As I was going back home with it it sudenly started convulsing, so I dropped it on the ground and stomped on it's head until it suddenly gave birth to 3 baby rabbits.

I took them home and called the Humane Society that said they had a cat that would nurse baby rabbits.

in true ARFCOM fashion.

Touching, squishy and brutal all at the same time.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 3:57:48 PM EDT
Originally Posted By dirtallstar:

I'll have pics up tomorrow after noon

Really?

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:22:24 PM EDT
I got 18 wild pigs once with 2 shots. They looked to be about a week from being born.
Top Top