Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 8/11/2007 10:10:14 AM EDT
I have an older camelbak Mule with a 100oz. bladder. I am going to move the bladder to my BOB. I was wondering if there were any newer bladders that might be more durable, or if I should just stick with what I have now and spend the money on other preps?

Link Posted: 8/11/2007 10:51:24 AM EDT

Originally Posted By gr8outdrsmn:
I have an older camelbak Mule with a 100oz. bladder. I am going to move the bladder to my BOB. I was wondering if there were any newer bladders that might be more durable, or if I should just stick with what I have now and spend the money on other preps?

As long as your bladder is clean and not leaking it should be good for however long it lasts.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 8:25:58 PM EDT
They are all pretty close. Platapus ones are overall durable, but I don't like their ziplock closure which has leaked on me. The camelback bladders have been pretty much the same for a long time.

Ultimate direction makes a great bladder, with a horrible bite valve. The tubing on the bladder is larger than the other makers, so other bite valves don't fit. Too bad, the rest of the bladder is durable and a great design. I'd recommend avoidign the UD ones.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 11:22:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/13/2007 11:24:34 AM EDT by SJSAMPLE]
For my Eagle A-III, I chose the Camelbak Un-Bottle 100oz.
It's an Omega bladder wrapped in a nylon shell with attachment points.
I figure the nylon shell will help protect the bladder.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 11:31:39 AM EDT
the new bladder that came with my Camel BFM is SWEET. Don't know if they are new or what but it's way better then the one i bought 5-6 yrs ago for mtn biking
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:56:05 PM EDT
+1 on Camelbak bladders.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 5:42:32 PM EDT
Im leaning towards carrying 2 Nalgene bottles for my drinking water and just using the bladder to store water for camp use. So the one I have will be more than sufficient. Thanks for the suggestions.
Top Top