Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2015 12:37:18 PM EDT
Hello,

I'm working to get a APRS digipeater setup running on a 50w 2 meter mobile.  

I've got an Astron power supply and the radio currently and could set that up without any trouble.  

But it's my only power supply.  I also don't currently have a working battery setup for when the power goes out.  And I'd like to.

So I thought I could kill two birds with one stone and setup the digipeater to run off a battery on a permanent basis.

The question I don't know the answer to is this.  Is there a RF safe battery tender or smart charger that would work well with a 7amp hour gel cell battery?

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:41:44 PM EDT
[#1]
You can do it, but if you don't have the battery, the short answer is that a battery + charger is going to cost you as much or more than a power supply.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:22:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top