Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2011 5:08:10 AM EDT
Here's the video from a dog hunt we went on a few weeks ago. This was David's first hog with a knife. We about killed the cameramen with all of the running so we put together another hunt this weekend and we're going to let them do the hunting and David and I are gonna attempt running the cameras for them.

Link Posted: 4/27/2011 6:08:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I am so down for this.
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 6:27:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 8:29:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Here's the video from a dog hunt we went on a few weeks ago. This was David's first hog with a knife. We about killed the cameramen with all of the running so we put together another hunt this weekend and we're going to let them do the hunting and David and I are gonna attempt running the cameras for them.

Do you guys offer hunts where someone can bring thier own dog? I want to do this with my American one of these days (his bloodline is from catch dogs, and he is being protection trained and all that now) but being up here in the North East we dont have any hogs. I have seen a couple places online where you can take your dog to train them. I am just looking for more info and how I could line up a dog hunt like this?
My dog.. he is only 9 months:

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 10:40:47 AM EDT
[#4]
We don't sell hunts, we just video our own hunts.

I personally don't know of any place where you can bring your own untrained dog to use on a hunt. It takes training to get these dogs to do what they do and if one messes up or backs out then it can endanger the other dogs and the hunters and could possibly get itself killed, which unfortunately is always a possibility regardless of how good of a dog it is and how well it's trained.
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 7:22:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Do you have any places that you could recommend for training and maybe get a hog hunt in also? The breeder I got him from does it and will take me just looking for other options.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 5:51:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Do you have any places that you could recommend for training and maybe get a hog hunt in also? The breeder I got him from does it and will take me just looking for other options.

Sorry, I don't. Everybody I know that hunts with dogs has grown up doing it and trains their own dogs.

Link Posted: 4/28/2011 7:06:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks, I will probably just take him down to the breeders in florida then...
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 6:37:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Yea....now that looks like fun !
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:00:22 PM EDT
[#9]
We went out this morning and got 4 more.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 9:54:06 PM EDT
[#10]

that is one hollering, hardcore hillbilly livin' life in the mountains and chasing turtles thru the water.  

need to send him down to run around with shelby in the swamp on ax men or ride the boat on swamp people.  

I thought I was cool shooting one off a log on Labor Day at 400 yards (distance verified) but I lost that cool feeling after watching this guy work his action.  

=====

Quoted:

I have a buddy that went on a hog knife hunt.  I am not sure if it is something I need to do but I am sure it's a rush.

Here is another sport for those looking for a rush!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn8EQ0azXpQ

Congrats on getting some nice hogs!

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 10:07:06 PM EDT
[#11]
chasing dogs to knife out a hog is something I need to do.  

am in shape in my mid 40s and believe I have the 'psych' part down to do it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top