Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2011 8:22:51 PM EDT
This was posted up on another forum I frequent.  I don't know where it is, but they need a few choppers in there to say the least!!

Check out how many pigs are running off the road at around 3:20..  Hundreds...

video
Link Posted: 4/18/2011 8:34:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Holy shit that is a lot of hogs at 3:20 or so.

I have never seen that many and never heard tell from other people of that many in one spot.  It's time to load of the Beta Cmag...
Link Posted: 4/18/2011 8:41:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Sad to watch....
Link Posted: 4/18/2011 8:48:43 PM EDT
[#3]
NO wonder there are so many pigs, they are dumping bulk food out on the roadway.  Probably for the deer, but just dumping it bulk no wonder.
Link Posted: 4/18/2011 8:58:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been using my ARs for jackrabbit hunting the past 10-15 years or so and have hit several of them while at a full run.

I am betting I could clean house on those piggies if I took my squirrel AR out for a few days.    That scene at 3:20, jeeez, just shoot into the packs of 2-3 running close together and work the damned things over.

Deprivation permit would go a long way in curing that situation, combined with a MK19 grenade launcher.
Link Posted: 4/19/2011 5:00:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Did ya'll notice how close the guy was when he shot one with his bow?  10-15 yards at the most during the middle of the day.  Nuts right there....
Link Posted: 4/19/2011 5:04:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Needs more belt fed!
Link Posted: 4/19/2011 5:41:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Pretty sure a dozen arfcommers could take acare of that problem in a long weekend.
Link Posted: 4/19/2011 9:00:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Check this out
Link Posted: 4/19/2011 10:09:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Mein Gott im Himmel.
Link Posted: 4/19/2011 11:41:05 AM EDT
[#10]
thats awesome. Theres a crap load of deer too.
Link Posted: 4/19/2011 2:21:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
thats awesome. Theres a crap load of deer too.

And the deer don't seem to run very far after the shots.

I love how the deer just stand there and watch the pigs kick and die.
Link Posted: 4/19/2011 2:28:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Those were some good rifle kills!
Link Posted: 4/19/2011 4:59:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Sad to watch....

Link Posted: 4/19/2011 5:14:09 PM EDT
[#14]
After shooting that one hog with a bow and arrow, I would have dispatched it quickly.

I'm into the killing, but not the suffering.

Quick kills for me.
Link Posted: 4/20/2011 2:04:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
After shooting that one hog with a bow and arrow, I would have dispatched it quickly.

Quick kills for me.

If you are archery hunting how would you have dispatched it?

Tough to run after them and stick another arrow into them.

You talk about the suffering if the hog, but it was walking around pretty calmly.  You can't equate human and animal responses to being shot.
Link Posted: 4/20/2011 2:16:32 AM EDT
[#16]
I'd say they have a hog problem.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2011 2:42:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quick kills for me.

You talk about the suffering if the hog, but it was walking around pretty calmly.  You can't equate human and animal responses to being shot.

Maybe a handgun, a rifle, or a pig sticker.

ETA: When did I ever mention a human?

Link Posted: 4/20/2011 1:28:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Needs more belt fed!

...and daisy chained claymores.  They always forget the claymores.
Link Posted: 4/20/2011 2:46:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quick kills for me.

I'm not trying to answer for VaFish but I think you are basing your notions of suffering on your human point of view which is natural for many folks. That is where the human part of it factors in. The psychological effect of being shot is not the same in an animal as it would be in a human that knew what had just happened. Hogs very often have a definite reaction to the sensation of pain, they squeal and carry on like hell. That hog simply walked around confused and wondering why it was getting woozy until the internal hemorraging from the broadhead dropped it's blood pressure to zero and it passed out and died.

Link Posted: 4/20/2011 3:38:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quick kills for me.

I agree...I was brought up if you are going to shoot an animal, for any reason, make a clean kill.  To pop him with an arrow and watch him walk around for a few minutes before flopping is a bit too much for me.  Even though he is destroying somebody's property, a portion of that video could be used by you know who to paint all hunters as thoughtless, dumb, rednecks who pity nothing.  Plus, who couldn't shoot 1 with a 50 yard trail of corn right down the middle of the road, with a fence on 1 escape route at that.  Come on...as the late comedian Jerry Clower, from here in MS, used to say, "give 'em a sporting chance" at least.  Just my thoughts on the matter.
Link Posted: 4/20/2011 5:04:28 PM EDT
[#21]

Link below will take you directly to the hog apocalypse scene.  

Bill Kilgore commands the Texas Air Cavalry and he will lead us to victory in the link below.

Link Posted: 4/20/2011 8:36:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Sad to watch....

Damn straight.  All those pigs getting away and only one going down at a time.    If ever there was a justification for civilian ownership of M134 miniguns . . .

It's funny to watch the deer who are curious bystanders; "Damn, Frank.  What's with all these pigs?  They keep exploding!"  
Link Posted: 4/21/2011 6:32:41 AM EDT
[#23]
I agree...I was brought up if you are going to shoot an animal, for any reason, make a clean kill. To pop him with an arrow and watch him walk around for a few minutes before flopping is a bit too much for me. Even though he is destroying somebody's property, a portion of that video could be used by you know who to paint all hunters as thoughtless, dumb, rednecks who pity nothing. Plus, who couldn't shoot 1 with a 50 yard trail of corn right down the middle of the road, with a fence on 1 escape route at that. Come on...as the late comedian Jerry Clower, from here in MS, used to say, "give 'em a sporting chance" at least. Just my thoughts on the matter

Do any of you guys bow hunt?  During archery season down here it will be your ass if your caught with a handgun while bow hunting.  You can not have a firearm on you while archery hunting.  If your bow hunting during rifle season it is fine to have a firearm with you.  The shot made on the hog in question was a good clean shot in the vitals.  Just because it doesn't drop in its tracks does not mean it's not a clean kill.  Now blow all four legs off the animal, and let it lay for awhile before dispatching it would be a different story.  

I've shot more deer than I can count blowing out the heart and lungs with a rifle, with the animal running 100-400 yards.  Does that justify as a clean kill?  Neck, head shot or any shot that will separate the central nervous system is about the only way to get a drt shot.  If a good shot is made on a animal with a bow, more than likely that animal will run less than 50 yards before it expires.  

Up north many hunt on corn crops.  We broadcast corn.  Corn is corn regardless..

Link Posted: 4/21/2011 2:00:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quick kills for me.

I agree...I was brought up if you are going to shoot an animal, for any reason, make a clean kill.  To pop him with an arrow and watch him walk around for a few minutes before flopping is a bit too much for me.  Even though he is destroying somebody's property, a portion of that video could be used by you know who to paint all hunters as thoughtless, dumb, rednecks who pity nothing.  Plus, who couldn't shoot 1 with a 50 yard trail of corn right down the middle of the road, with a fence on 1 escape route at that.  Come on...as the late comedian Jerry Clower, from here in MS, used to say, "give 'em a sporting chance" at least.  Just my thoughts on the matter.

I think it was a clean humane kill.  The pig wasn't squealing at all.  I've hit a sow in the add that was raising such a rukus a boar came charging back at us.  Had to stop him before I could finish her off.

That pig with the arrow in it showed no signs of distress.  Running up and trying to put another arrow in it would most likely have caused it to run off.  Running for that about of time you never would have recovered it.

Even when gun hunting I wait 20 mins after the shot before I go looking for the downed animal.

However I can see how non hunters would think the pig was suffering and I would not have posted the video that way.  I would have edited out most of the time from arrow hit to fall down.
Link Posted: 4/21/2011 3:59:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Do the hogs scatter as quickly if you use suppressors with subsonic ammo?
Link Posted: 4/21/2011 4:22:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Oh to spend a week there with my cur dogs!!
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 11:17:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top