Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2008 8:09:43 AM EDT
Upon the advice and recommendation that I've seen in several posts here, I ordered from heirloom acres seeds back in mid February.  
Here's the story:

I received all but 1 item very shortly after I ordered and the 1 item that I did not receive was listed as being on  backorder.  So far not a problem as I'm in MN and really don't need anything in Feb.  I assumed that once they received my item, they would ship it as every other company in the world does.  Upon inspecting their invoice, I notice that I'm charged sales tax from their state (MO) even though I don't live in their state (I'm in MN).  It's not a big deal and the total overage was less then a dollar.  So far, I still don't really care.

2months later,
This past week I remember that I still haven't received my 1 item that was on backorder so I email heirloomacreseeds and ask about my backordered item and also ask about being charged MO sales tax even though I live in MN.
Their response was to deny the fact that I was charged sales tax and tell me that I'm wrong and that I was not charged sales tax, even though it was clearly on my invoice, .
As far as the backordered item, after several emails in which I've told them exactly what was missing and included dates and order numbers, I get no response except to tell me that I was not charged sales tax.  I've told them that if they don't want to send me the item or if they still don't have it, that's fine, just refund my money via paypal, which is how I paid, very simple.  No response.
I've given them several opportunities to either ship the item, refund the money, apologize for apparently losing my order or even just tell me that it will be another week.  This has to be the most simple customer service issue for any company but yet heirloomacreseeds just doesn't get it.
I've never filed a claim against any vendor via paypal or through any other means but I think this warrants checking into.
So, should I just drop the issue or should I press it?  I know there are members on this site that have lost hundreds if not thousands before through bad online vendors so I am trying to keep that in mind.

So for now a huge -1 for HEIRLOOM ACRES SEEDS, stay away.
Link Posted: 4/12/2008 8:18:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Is the amount on your invoice (+ tax) what you paid?
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 5:57:28 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Is the amount on your invoice (+ tax) what you paid?

I paid for the order in full at the time of purchase.  

As of today, I can not get a reply or answer from heirloomacresseeds as to whether I'll ever receive my order or a refund.  

Has anyone else here had a similar experience with this company or is it just me?

UPDATE -

Upon filing a complaint with Paypal, I was contacted by heirloomacresseeds saying they would refund the money.  Received money in paypal account shortly thereafter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top