Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2013 12:03:55 AM EDT
What is a "Beverage" antenna?

I've been answering question thinking it's like a cantenna.  How far off am I?

Link Posted: 10/12/2013 12:10:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
What is a "Beverage" antenna?

I've been answering question thinking it's like a cantenna.  How far off am I?

View Quote

ROFL

I'm sorry that's freaking hilarious right there

A Beverage antenna is a long wire receive antenna - named after it's designer by the same name

wiki

thank you for the chuckle though..... I can see it getting confusing
Link Posted: 10/12/2013 12:11:11 AM EDT
[#2]
A very long directional antenna... length is measured in multiples of wavelengths instead of fractions of.

Wiki page

ETA: Beat by 30 seconds!
Link Posted: 10/12/2013 12:55:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you both, and glad to have supplied at least a portion of tonight's entertainment.
Link Posted: 10/12/2013 5:00:10 AM EDT
[#4]
The best way to study for his is to start with the EXTRA and when you get high 80s on the practice tests, start in on the General and when you get high 80s go to the tech and when you get high 80s sit for all three and get it out of the way.

Seriously.

Link Posted: 10/12/2013 5:10:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I trust your experience enough not to argue with you.

Unfortunately, I'm using taking my General by the 21st of this month as a litmus test.

I've been suffering from sleep deprivation (working 3rd shift is NOT fun at my age) and have been attempting to study for my CCNA.  My retention of the CCNA material has been garbage, largely due to my sleep issues all this year.  I was hoping to take the CCNA prior to 30 Sep, didn't happen.

I think I've got the sleep deprivation beat at this point, but I don't want yet another false start.  So I'm using getting my General to see if I can actually start (and finish!) my CCNA.
Link Posted: 10/12/2013 12:58:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top