Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/5/2019 9:14:18 AM EDT
I know it's been asked, answered and discussed many times in the past (although not within the past year or two), but:

I'm about to pull the trigger on buying a tri fuel conversion kit for my Generac XG700e.  We had NG run to the house last year, and I had a NG piped to the outside near my transfer switch.

In the past, it seemed that people liked the motor snorkel kit.  Is this still the best conversion kit to get?  Nash fuel also offers one, and Century Fuel has another.  All three look to be pretty high quality and get good ratings.  All are similarly priced.

No 4th of July sales on any of them , so I'll just go with whatever everyone has had the most success with.  What does the hive think?
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 9:36:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow. It's been a long time since I thought about this. Probably 10 years, now. I bought all of my conversions from https://www.uscarburetion.com/. On one, I sent in the carb to get modified with a tube. Another used the plate. I have had no complaints with anything. I even did a thread with pics on how to install the conversion on a Champion Inverter. Must be in the archives, somewhere. Good luck. It's a good thing to do. Nice weekend project. I don't recall any bad reviews from any supplier.
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 9:45:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I've had great successes with my Snorkel. I use propane. I have heard that it runs cooler than gasoline, but I have not checked that theory.  I can tell it is cleaner burning as evidenced by the color/condition of the oil at regular maintenance intervals.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top