BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 5:51:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

This is the lowest price I have been able to find on the net currently for Swedish Officer's Military blankets. $44.96 each, plus shipping.

I made an order from them, and now that they have arrived I can recommend the store.  

http://www.gr8gear.com/catalog/Bunk-Beds-Cots-Blankets/Blankets/

They actually delayed shipping my order a couple of days because it was over 15 pounds (fine print on the webpage) and they had to get my approval on the shipping charges... and I can be very hard to get in touch with sometimes.  

If you order 2 or less then the automatic shipping charges are good as you stay under the magic 15 lbs.

These are very nice new blankets, they are soft and have a good weight to them. Much softer than a US GI wool blanket. They have the slightest of mothproofing odors -  otherwise they are brand new with the original Swedish paper tags on them.  My cat and the ferrets love the wool.  

These are not what I would consider big enough for 2 people in a queen sized bed.  More full or twin sized in my opinion.

Shipping turned out to be $28.49.  That, plus the $179.96 for 4 blankets came out to a grand total of $208.45.   That's over $52 each for blankets...  

They also have Italian and other blankets.

I think they sold out of the Swiss officer ones as there not on there site anymore.
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 6:18:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I think so too.  I got mine from there as well and was thinking about grabbing a couple more and posting the link. Sadly no more listing of them anywhere :(. I was pleased with the service and the blankets so I think I'll keep them on my radar.
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 7:08:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 7:54:30 AM EDT
[#4]
well, I ordered some blankets from the barre army navy store.

will report what I got.

TXL
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top