I'm interested in the CMMG 14.5 or 16" MOD4A3 uppers. I'm looking for specifics on the various parts comprising this upper, and have all the usual questions of someone who spends too much time on this board.
1) Who manufactures the barrels? What type of chrome-moly is used? Are they magnetic particle tested? Are they Parkerized under the FSB?
2) Are the M4 feed ramp cuts done as part of the inititial manufacture, or are they done post-surface treatment (anodizing). Anyone have a picture?
3) Are the receivers hard-coat anodized (type 3)? How would you rate the quality of the receiver?
4) Are the FSB's forged? Are they the correct M4 height?
5) Who manufactures the standard bolt/carrier offered? Are they head space tested to the barrel?
6) Is there an advantage to getting the full auto bolt carrier? Is it a restricted item?
Please post even if you only have the answer to one item, but be sure of that answer! Thanks in advance.
(FYI-this is a duplicate post, a mod advised me to try here)