I've had a crisis trying to pick one out the last few days. Here is my honest opinion:
1. When you go to a subforum that you will get a lot of suggestions to buy lowers from company you have never heard of. Now I have nothing against that company and it may be the mainstream "in" company for operators right now, but why chance it with such a relatively unimportant part? They may make the best lowers in the world, but I know a MEGA lower will be great, and it costs the same or perhaps less, so what advantages does xyz obscure company lower have?
2. The primary "innovation" in lowers recently has been the nylon tipped set screw that takes up the slack between the lower and upper. Nice but unnecessary.
3. Anderson is cheapest, you can "go up" in quality and pay double for a spikes forged. Everyone sells spikes. For a little less they sell stag. When you ask if you should buy a spikes or stag in a gun forum, they say buy anderson because you are paying for the name. Before you get out of the "buy anderson" territory you are at 150 bucks.
4. At 150 bucks you can get the yhm. YHM makes good stuff, imho. That said, why spend 150 bucks on a lower when you could spend 200 and get the seekins.
5. The seekins is 200 bucks now on rainier and 210 on buds. It is one of the only lowers I've found to have the trigger set screw and more importantly the pre-installed ambi release. For the 200 bucks you can save money on tools because with seekins you don't have to get idiot marks driving pins, it is all threaded.
6. Over 200 bucks you start to really pay for name or markings(see spikes billet craziness). You can find the Noveske in this price range, but it offers no apparent advantage over any other lower besides the name, and indeed the "cheaper" noveske lowers have at least one very negative review on buds for having varying widths on the trigger guard ears(iirc, this put me off, but take any single review with a grain of salt).
7. You can look into "full lowers" for the 300-500 dollar range, and pull one off there. I believe there is a blem BCM complete on buds for around 350. Problem is cost, because you are paying for parts you don't need.
I've looked all over. Jo bobs had a great deal on I believe a ruger marked lower for 80 bucks, probably a wise purchase, you get a "decent" gun name and the quality of a spikes/anderson/stag/aero/psa/ basic forged lower. However, if you are looking for a "nice" lower and want to go with a popular company that you know does shitloads of the things and isn't gonna not fit, seekins and mega billet lowers are the two I like the most(after research):
1. No negative info around, nearly universal acclaim from users
2. Not overcharging MUCH for what you get
3. Good and respected name brands in the gun community
ymmv, and if you can point me in a good direction, I might just buy your lower, but if you want to point me to the obscure, please explain why said obscure brand should be trusted over a known entity on my Larue.