Hey guys, just thought I'd chime in here from north of the border....
I just recently bought a new Colt MT6601 (Match Target HBAR) up here. This is how it came:
- standard front push-pin, Colt oversized fire control pins
- lower marked "Colt Defense"
- barrel was chrome chamber (except for the chamber face), non-chrome bore, date stamped 03/04, and sports the "target type" muzzle crown
- upper is a Colt/Cerro Forge production (and for some reason is "blacker" than the "black-grey" that my lower is - even after soaking both halves with oil/clp). No M4 stamp above the cloverleaf, no RAS numbers, and no M4 ramps
- half circle carrier is deeply stamped with Colt "C"
- bolt is MPC stamped and had the white paint dot on it
- buffer was the crappy plastic variety
- A2 trapdoor buttstock had the correct aluminum trap door on it - unlike a few I've seen up here with the crappy plastic (with crappy "fold" hinge) trap door.
I've always liked A2's so I kept the upper on it. I've since had the barrel replaced with a fully chrome lined NIW Colt HBAR barrel from Numrich (bonus 'cuz these ones are threaded for flash hiders) and I've purchased a Colt A2 flashider and milspec aluminum buffer to put into it. The only thing it lacks is a bayo lug - which I guess I can live without for now....