Do many Bushmaster buyers SEPARATELY purchase the lower and the upper ?
So far, I have two AR’s. One Bushmaster M4 and one Bushmaster 16” Shorty. I purchased these NIB from the local gun store (off-the-shelf). I am looking to get a third Bushmaster. I have been studying the Bushmaster catalog, and I see several upper configurations that are NOT offered at the gun store (not off-the-self item). So, I was thinking that I could purchase the lower through the gun store (FFL), and then call Bushmaster directly to purchase the upper.
1) Do many Bushmaster buyers SEPARATELY purchase the lower and the upper ?
2) Would the colors match (same shade of purple as it might be) ?
3) Does Bushmaster openly invite direct purchases of their uppers ?
4) If I ordered direct from Bushmaster, would I be receiving identical quality as I would if I purchased off-the-rack at the gun store ? I think that I may know the answer to this one because on the Bushmaster web site, they state that they have a “no questions asked” return policy. So, I think I the quality is hopefully there when ordering direct.
5) If I ordered direct, would the upper and lower come from the same batch as the ones used to assembly complete rifles to be sold through dealers ? That is, does Bushmaster have separate production runs (batches) for direct-sales versus the assembled-rifle dealer-sales ? I just what to make sure that I would be receiving the same Bushmaster quality as I would if I purchased an assembled rifle off-the-self.