Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2008 6:33:15 PM EDT
Isn't the winston show this weekend??  I notice sometimes it's not even mentioned. haha
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:48:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Did anyone go yesterday?  Was it worth the cost of admission?  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:25:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I made it up there.  It wasn't bad, but I can see what is meant by some of the comments.  It seemed like the long guns were overpriced, pistols weren't too bad (brother in law kicking himself for a pistol he just bought in FL, saw same gun yesterday for $100 less!), ammo is like gas prices--you get charged higher for new costs even if it is old stock.  AR selection of stuff was pretty good, but I've seen better.  Overall it wasn't bad and if you are looking for something in particular you may or may not find it, but it's that way at any show.  Though, seeing the Tupperware table was a first for me at a gun show.  Get the coupon on the C&E website and save a buck on admission if you go.

Just my impression.  If I had free time the next time it comes around I would probably go again.

I'm looking forward to Greensboro next month.  Bigger show, better selection of vendors and products.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 10:01:04 AM EDT
[#3]
First post here, but yes I second what was just mentioned. I have only been to a few other shows and it did seam somewhat dissapointing comparing it to what others had told me about the Greensboro show. I did pick up my first AR15 lower from one of the vendors there, now if I can just decide on the remaining parts before the end of August.

-steve
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 11:35:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Typical Winston show.

Went Sunday afternoon and it was pretty beat - few customers and even fewer private sale opportunities.

I have two foreign exchange students staying with us this week so we all went.  One of them is from Kosovo and the other from Iceland.  Ken from Kopter Supply graciously allowed them to take photographs of his booth.

They want to go shooting before returning to their respective countries so I guess we'll be off to Uhwarrie one night this week!!

I'm sure they will have interesting stories to tell their friends and family when they return.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top