Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2003 12:06:36 AM EDT
i've flushed 5 birds so far.  no shots fired yet.  one was really stupid..i saw my car about 15yds away so i unloaded my shotgun, took another step, flushed a bird into a relatively open area and couldn't shoot it.  oh well.  

i've been hunting the brule river state forest.

Link Posted: 10/5/2003 10:50:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Haven't flushed any grouse this year...haven't been out all that much though.  A couple of squirrels and that's it.  When I hunt, I take a "shoot any [legal] game animal I see" philosophy.

Most of my hunting is around the county land on County I, right next to the Machickanee flowage...we own some lakefront property but it's puny compared to across the road.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 11:53:54 AM EDT
[#2]
i got one the other morning.  i got it on the ground but hit the wing..which is good because the meat was untouched.  what was bad was i had to catch it by hand.  heheh.

also got 4 deer ticks on the dog, and 1 on myself.  won't be going back to that spot.

dog caught a small mouse too.  i made her let it go..don't want her to get tapeworms.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 7:45:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds cool.  I am a big pheasant hunter, but the release this year is only going to be 10,000 birds statewide due to the budget crises.  I have never tried Grouse.  If you want some company on a weekend drop me an email.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 10:51:04 PM EDT
[#4]
i flushed 2 more today.  almost shot a deer too.  it was a little windy so i don't think it heard me walking towards it.  it was bedded down a couple feet off the trail.  it jumped when i was only a few yards away.  

if you're in the area (north) i'm ready to go any time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top