Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2015 2:58:55 PM EDT
Does anyone have some recommendations for a gunsmith/machine shop that does cost effective barrel threading? I live in the Seattle area but am willing to drive. I have 7 to 10 barrels that are stripped out of the frames that need threading done to work with my silencer.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 3:22:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 4:03:35 PM EDT
Thanks I'll take a look at that
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 5:00:16 PM EDT
Another local guy is Fred at CaR Firearms in "Tukwila". I put that in quotes because while it is officially Tukwila, I'd call it more like North Seatac or Latona....

https://www.facebook.com/CaRFirearms

Link Posted: 5/14/2015 8:04:04 PM EDT
Originally Posted By seattlephoto:
Does anyone have some recommendations for a gunsmith/machine shop that does cost effective barrel threading? I live in the Seattle area but am willing to drive. I have 7 to 10 barrels that are stripped out of the frames that need threading done to work with my silencer.
View Quote

I know a company....you'll get class 3 precision threads just for suppressor use and he's located in Kent. You can drive over and drop them off too.

Call Tom @ 253-632-5643

Link Posted: 6/2/2015 8:57:46 AM EDT
I ended up going with Tom at liemohn manufacturing in kent. He is an awesome guy who is very easy to work with. He does very impressive work. I can tell that he cares about the little fine details and is very fair on his pricing. I had him make a matching smooth cap for my threaded lever action. The cell phone pic doesn't do it justice. When I pick up the rest of the barrels I'm having threaded i'll post some high quality pictures.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 5:35:43 PM EDT
Nice and tag.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 2:03:25 AM EDT
You can check with Brett at NW Armswerkes he did the threading for my .308 great guy and does custom precision builds.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 4:37:21 PM EDT
I recently picked up some of my barrels. I had Tom thread them to the silencer Co oring thread pitch with matching caps. This is my browning Buckman hunter pistol.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 4:51:11 PM EDT
I also had him trim another Buckman pistol down to 4 inches.
I also had him thread my Buckman rifle. Trimmed it down to 16 inches.
I have some other guns that he threaded too. I'll post some more later in the week when I have time.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 6:19:20 PM EDT
CaR Firearms is awesome I've been taking everything I can't do there for years! Fred cut crowned and threaded an AK barrel for me and pinned / welded a brake 3 years ago.. Well priced and they are great people, I highly recommend them.
Top Top