Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 11/16/2007 6:46:17 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/16/2007 6:48:15 PM EDT
Camoed Bushmaster....Same company own remmy and bushy
Link Posted: 11/16/2007 7:18:37 PM EDT
looks like an ar marketed at fuds
Link Posted: 11/16/2007 9:43:41 PM EDT
Ugly! Kind of like those Mossy Oak camo'ed Browning High Powers in 40S&W that Davidson's had a while ago. They had to dump them at less than $500. Of course I bought one, now it has a beautiful black park finish on it.
Link Posted: 11/16/2007 9:45:52 PM EDT
I think Zumbo will pee himself a little when he sees that
Link Posted: 11/16/2007 9:55:05 PM EDT
I can just see the board meeteing....." Well group, we have approval to do an AR15...but how do we make it our own?........CAMO IT UP!!!"

Link Posted: 11/17/2007 1:44:28 AM EDT
All the detractors STFU!

While a camo AR is not exactly my cup o' tea, the mainstreaming of the EBR platforms will help to head off future bans.

Ol' Elmer will be less likely to support some stupid AW ban if he finds out it might affect his new toy.

Remington marketing an AR is a good thing.
Link Posted: 11/17/2007 6:38:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By PromptCritical:
All the detractors STFU!

While a camo AR is not exactly my cup o' tea, the mainstreaming of the EBR platforms will help to head off future bans.

Ol' Elmer will be less likely to support some stupid AW ban if he finds out it might affect his new toy.

Remington marketing an AR is a good thing.

a big +1 to this
Link Posted: 11/17/2007 7:28:51 AM EDT
Promt, I totally agree.

There is already guys at work talking about this gun. Varmint hunters will be on this like a fat kid on a twinkie. I heard a couple guys talking and one of says, the new gun from Rem. is really sweet. Other guys mentions that it is an AR. He says nope Rem made it custom. I don't care if they are idiots or not. THEY VOTE.

Here comes the flames

I like the dipped camo guns. But I hunt also.

Darin
Link Posted: 11/17/2007 7:54:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/17/2007 7:55:07 AM EDT by Unka-Boo]

Originally Posted By snkkpr01:
Promt, I totally agree.

There is already guys at work talking about this gun. Varmint hunters will be on this like a fat kid on a twinkie. I heard a couple guys talking and one of says, the new gun from Rem. is really sweet. Other guys mentions that it is an AR. He says nope Rem made it custom. I don't care if they are idiots or not. THEY VOTE.

Here comes the flames

I like the dipped camo guns. But I hunt also.

Darin

"Dude...it's NOT an AR15, it's a REMINGTON CUSTOM!!"

I agree with you guys, don't get my wrong....I'm just not into the "every last part of my gun needs to be real tree", thing.

I do wish them luck in the market they are going for, I thought it was pretty damn neat to hear that Remmy was doing this.
Link Posted: 11/17/2007 12:19:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/17/2007 12:19:31 PM EDT by WS4LIF]
I'm going to be getting one soon.

I'll let you know what I think.

Made by Bushy.
Link Posted: 11/17/2007 1:06:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/17/2007 1:07:30 PM EDT by double_trouble_2003]
I like it.

a) mainstreams the AR platform. (adds an argument against a possible future ban)
b) I hunt and think it would be a great aid when hunting coyotes.

Some of you guys sound like my oldest kid. She finds a band she likes before they are 'discovered' and hates them once they are mainstream. Before they 'sell out'.

DT

PS - I guess I'm a fudd. :)

PPS - I camo'ed my Remington 700.
Link Posted: 11/17/2007 1:30:31 PM EDT
the way I see it is the more, the merrier.

if people think Rem. custom designed the rifle, great. let them think that, get them addicted to the AR before we break the news to them.
I guess it would be some kind of offshoot of BRD...

once the FUDDs have some in their arsenal, they will be much more likely to see our side of the argument.

double_trouble: I don't consider you to be a fudd. my definition of fudds are people who think hunting rifles should be the only rifles you should be able to legally own.
nice elk, btw
Link Posted: 11/17/2007 1:42:18 PM EDT
I hunt with all of my rifles..LOL

Might have to use a smaller mag, but I still do it.

I consider the fuds to be a real general term. I know many folks that do not think there is a use for AR/AK/HK style combat rifles. They enjoy shooting mine though. They just don't see a reason to have one. FUN is not a legit reason for some folks.

It is for me though. I love my stuff and don't want to give it up. If a Remington AR will help then great. the good news is if there is a try at a new ban we have REM on our side. They did not really make anything that would be banned. Now they do.

Darin
Link Posted: 11/17/2007 2:53:30 PM EDT
I agree that its great that Rem is doing this. Its suprising how many "Wood and Blued Steel" people pick up an AR type rifle, and even if they scoffed originally, can't seem to put it back down. My pops was one of those, shot M-14's and M-16's in the military, but didin't see a real world use for em. Later on, he ends up buying a Mini-14, and I give him a few 30 rounders for it, and he loves the shit out of it.

So I end up buying an AR, and have it almost a year before I even told him I bought one. First reaction? "You're just wasting money".........then, after farting around with it for a half hour....."Yeah, they're better than they used to be"........Then I let him shoot it with the 3X9 on the flat top...next thing you know, he's buying an XD and packing his 18" Mossberg in his truck. If die hard fudds can have a change of heart, anything is possible....especially if its Mossy Oaked and streamlined
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 4:08:19 PM EDT
Any idea when they'll start selling camo'd parts? Custom camo jobs are too expensive for my blood.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:34:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By double_trouble_2003:
I like it.

a) mainstreams the AR platform. (adds an argument against a possible future ban)

Some of you guys sound like my oldest kid. She finds a band she likes before they are 'discovered' and hates them once they are mainstream. Before they 'sell out'.

DT

img396.imageshack.us/img396/293/dscn1624dz8.th.jpg

fuckin fudd.....
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 8:24:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By camo_ken:

Originally Posted By double_trouble_2003:
I like it.

DT

img396.imageshack.us/img396/293/dscn1624dz8.th.jpg</a>

fuckin fudd.....

Dude - be nice I might hook you up with some Elk steaks. :)

Not only am I a fudd, but it's that cheap wetsuit, neoprene camo. Not the cool GunCoatNW stuff.
Fudd+Poor White Trash.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:56:49 PM EDT

Any idea when they'll start selling camo'd parts? Custom camo jobs are too expensive for my blood.

You mean like thesefor fudds
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:34:21 AM EDT
You guys are too funny. Wasn't there a DIY thread on here all about doing your own AR up in camo paint? Some even swore by Krylon?

I like the rifle. Is it basically a Bushmaster? Do the parts interchange with other AR's or did they change it just enough to not be able to mix and match?
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:37:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/4/2007 7:38:43 AM EDT by Gunkata]
DOH!.. nm

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 8:03:29 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Roguelawyer:
You guys are too funny. Wasn't there a DIY thread on here all about doing your own AR up in camo paint? Some even swore by Krylon?

I like the rifle. Is it basically a Bushmaster? Do the parts interchange with other AR's or did they change it just enough to not be able to mix and match?

It IS a Bushmaster.
Top Top