Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2006 10:00:11 AM EDT
I was looking at Krinkov Flash Hider does anyone have info about it.
Thanks
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:39:38 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Thanks

All ya need to know:

www.noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/cart2/display.cgi?cat1=19&cat2=23

Krinkov Flash Hider for 5.56mm
One problem with 10.5" and shorter M-16/AR-15 barrels is a great amount of concussion is produced which can upset the shooter, and his team, especially indoors. The KFH, (short for Krinkov Flash Hider), directs the blast forwards, away from the shooter. Using the Noveske Krinkov flash hider helps generate back-pressure for reliable cycling on short guns. The powerful muzzle flash of the 10.5" barrel is minimized. The adaptor is threaded 1/2x28 TPI Class 2A internally, and features a unique design which helps maximize gas entrapment. This is avalible as a complete unit ready to install on any 1/2x28 2A USGI threaded barrel. The new US made Noveske KFHs are made to exacting tolerances with specific materials. The body, cone and end cap are parkerized and heat treated CM. The US Noveske KFH design is exactly the same as the original Bulgarian. An ATF Tech letter is avalible with purchase.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:22:14 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Thanks

Just to let you know, there is a backlog in production on them.  I ordered a KFH right after the Nov. Market Hall show and I am still waiting.

mm
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:57:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I never noticed a problem with concussion shooting next to SC's 12" ACC556 or NFA's 10.5" barreled M16.  I have to wonder what people buy these for who are not part of a tactical team as I dont see what they get out of them.  You still need hearing protection.  The blast is not unpleasant to the shooter without it.  It will still deafen you indoors in a SD situation.  Is it the cool look people are going for?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:09:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks

Just to let you know, there is a backlog in production on them.  I ordered a KFH right after the Nov. Market Hall show and I am still waiting.

mm

There were a TON of them at the Jan. Market Hall show.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:14:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I never noticed a problem with concussion shooting next to SC's 12" ACC556 or NFA's 10.5" barreled M16.  I have to wonder what people buy these for who are not part of a tactical team as I dont see what they get out of them.  You still need hearing protection.  The blast is not unpleasant to the shooter without it.  It will still deafen you indoors in a SD situation.  Is it the cool look people are going for?

As stated above - one benefit is it creates more backpressure to increase weapon reliability.  10.5" barrels can benefit from a bit of help, which 11.5" and longer dont have issues with.

And I have notice a problem with concussion.  10.5" barrels are loud, and I definitely felt the blast on my face when I shot them.  I did find it unpleasant... and didnt even know that these krinks address that until recently.... but I remember commenting on it when I shot a 10.5 with an A2 on it.  Neat how some things are objective to the person... huh?

That is the nice thing about accesories - to each their own.  Much like the M4 barrel profile, sometimes people just want to have the cool new toys..... I am sure that is a factor as well.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:15:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

There were a TON of them at the Jan. Market Hall show.

Those were KX3s.  I need a KFH, I had inquired JN rifleworks as to which one would work better on a 16" barrel and that is the one he recommended.  And, I already had the KFH on order.  Did you know that you can tell production date of the KX3s by looking at the pig?  All the ones they had were made around 22-23rd Dec 2005.

They do direct the concussion/blast/noise away from the shooter, "sound moderation".  And they look cool.

mm
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:34:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Any thing would be better thst my mini y com...
Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:52:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Any thing would be better thst my mini y com...
Thanks for the info.

I have a dremel.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:44:11 AM EDT
[#9]
The only good thing about a mini y is- I can clear a line in a hart beat...
Out.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:33:16 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Out.

Yeah, that pretty much guarantees you wont have anyone crowding you.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:57:14 AM EDT
[#11]
I ordered my KFH from PK Firearms right before Christmas and received it about a week ago.
I've also got one on my short-barrelled FAL para. The KFH really moves the muzzle blast forward,making it seem like the weapon is mildly suppressed. Big difference in shooter comfort,IMO. Looks are secondary to me.
Clint
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:27:20 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
 Those were KX3s.  I need a KFH

Curious - if the KX3 is the "latest refinement of the KFH concept" why do you need a KFH?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:30:29 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
 Those were KX3s.  I need a KFH

Curious - if the KX3 is the "latest refinement of the KFH concept" why do you need a KFH?

JN Rifleworks recommended it over the KX3 for a 16" barrel.

mm
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:06:48 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Out.

That's an understatement if I ever heard one! lol.

I switched to a Phantom and now I can shoot without earpro with no discomfort.

I am interested in a KFH for a 5.56 pistol build I'm considering. Anyone ever use one on a 7" BBL?

Disregard, I forgot we have a AR pistol thread/forum now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top