Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2011 2:29:22 PM EDT
I know there is the prince 50 that use a tool, i kinda remember there being a kit that uses a allen wrench.  I think you can turn it into a real mag release if you move out of state???
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 3:22:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm looking to get this one on my new RRA rifle that is coming in the mail... Riflegear has others too. Go to their website and look around. If your near the area you should stop by.

I almost stopped Last while I was heading to LA. I was in grid lock traffic on the 405 but had the wife with me and didn't want to hear her bitchin the rest of the way to HP.

http://www.riflegear.com/p-738-vamfire-mld-magazine-locking-device.aspx
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 8:52:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Yea I'm looking at getting a Vamfire MLD as well. It seems to be one of the better designed bullet buttons out there. What I like especially is how you tighten down the collar to restore a working mag release, instead of on the "bullet button" you unscrew the locking nut inside the collar, which can lead to said piece being lost.

And all bullet buttons can be removed once you leave the state and replaced with the original magazine release button. A 20 second job. So no worries about that.
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 9:41:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Whatever you do don't get one of those stupid slip on magnets.
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 10:29:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

whats that?
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 11:38:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

whats that?

It's a piece of rubber with a spring that slips over the mag release allowing you to drop the magazine without a tool.

In other words, it's a great way to turn your nice OLL into an instant AW. Not recommended for anyone with an average IQ.

Link Posted: 4/26/2011 11:56:25 AM EDT
[#6]
And dont place a lil round magnet in the BB itself because you are still making the BB illegal.

I think rifle gear is the best bet for Bullet Buttons... Simple and Local... so to speak... lol
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 4:38:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Just go with the Prince unit.  Simple, less than 5 minutes, and if you pick up Parallax Tacticals Free Lock Tool, it's even simpler  to install and works well.  A number of gun shops use them to make ARs Cali legal, and that has to say something right there.  They even have a little finger doohicky that makes dropping the magazine easier.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 1:00:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I like the Radlocks, you can get them at Riflegear.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 1:25:29 PM EDT
[#9]
They sound pretty cool. How do they function? Have you had any problems or jams(mag not releasing)? They ship to CA I'm guessing??
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 1:34:07 PM EDT
[#10]
They work fine for me, once adjusted I havent had to re-adjust them. Havent taken them over the border yet to see how they function in the out of state mode yet but Im sure they will be fine.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:39:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I like Radlock and Vamfire buttons.  Both are easily set for out of CA use.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:41:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Yea I just bought a Vamfire MLD myself. It looked interesting when I was first introduced to it, so now I'm giving it a chance.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top