Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2005 4:29:19 PM EDT
And jeeez, after goin there and spendin $8 bucks to walk my @ss off back n fourth to the car through the cattle gate to a spot on the bench n back.... that!! Today Banner Road got on the perminant black list.32 miles from I-35 and 19th WalMart to Banner...PSH! Plus I had to drive through all that crappy construction in the city. After going and paying to walk to shoot and walk somemore.....I ain't goin back there! Plus the entire bench moves since it's all made from steel tubing the whole frickin thing shakes slightly. BLAH! I'll drive maybe 10 more minutes to go shoot for free at Lexington where the shootin benches don't move around on ya.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:32:07 AM EDT
[#1]
You City boys crack me up! That is why there are concrete benches there, so you do not have to deal with the springy steel bench. With that said, I shoot consistent .3's + .4's off those same crapy steel benches, with a .22-250, Harris BRM, swivel base Bi-pod, and rear Rabbit ear bag, hand loads, and a 10x Bushnell!h.gif Did you not expect to have to walk down range, once you got thereHarry. You can tell by the way there eyes glow redhrough They may have range caddies!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:42:06 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You City boys crack me up! That is why there are concrete benches there, so you do not have to deal with the springy steel bench. With that said, I shoot consistent .3's + .4's off those same crapy steel benches, with a .22-250, Harris BRM, swivel base Bi-pod, and rear Rabbit ear bag, hand loads, and a 10x Bushnell! Did you not expect to have to walk down range, once you got there Sounds to me like Ol' Harry might have made you mad, that is usually what happens. You can tell by the way there eyes glow red. Seriously now, driving through construction traffic, walking back and forth, these factors should have no bearing on your reflection on a given range, as these conditions are not controlled by the range! If you do not like the place that is fine, I think you were just shocked to drive all that way and pay $8 and then actually walk down range! I mean I do not know any one who still walks down range any more? I personally just wish for my target to magically appear and POOF! Then when I leave I have the little range Troll go fetch my targets. A serious question? Did you tell Harry, that you would not be back or why? If not, how come? Springy steel benches are not really an obstacle, if you are a profecient shooter! Let me be fair, how many people were on the bench? I only ask to make a point, with no flame intended. If there were not many people on the bench, my friend that is not the problem, but in your defense, I also have been there when the range was full and my gear was dancing on the bench! I am sorry about your bad experience, if it truely was all due to the facilities, but I doubt it! HEY! Try one of the Members only clubs, that you need a second job for. They may have range caddies!

You country boys that don't read/ comprehend everything bein said crack me up....Harry was nice to me the couple of times we talked. An you're free to think whatever its not the 1st time I've been there but it has been a while and I already knew I was gonna be out $8 bucks to play. I was expecting that and it didn't have anything to do with it. And I was never bitchin about walkin down range....I forgot my spottin scope so I was makin trips down there repeatedly, yet if you reread what I said I never complained about that. Thats all me right there..... I was talkin bout the the parking, walkin through the cattle gate, then walking more to a shootin spot. And when you make 3 or 4 trips back n fourth to the car that crap gets old fast. Thats my biggest gripe. And my friend, when you have a bunch of steel tubing all together with metal siding catching all the wind....stuff shakes.....and that makes it tough to get a good zero. And I'd rather just go to where the shootin is free and fun out in Lexington rather than one of them Member Only places you speak of. And whats up with all the you doubting me on this and personally you think that? You act like you know me which you don't have a clue about me on anything, which is obvious by your post. Thats like me saying I think you're pullin my leg when it comes to you shootin .3's + .4s with a swivel this and a bipod that simply by the way you rushed through what I said and didn't take the time read/ comprehend what I was saying and that personally anyone that rushes through reading something has no patience and therefore he's not capable of making the .3s + .4s shots you claim. But, I'm not sayin that, just used it as an example is all. We don't know each other, why you tryin to sound like you do?

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:38:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I would much rather shoot at Banner then the garbage dump Lexington.  Banner is about a 40 minute drive and Lex is about 1 hour 15 minutes.  I get to shoot at BOTH for free.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:51:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I would much rather shoot at the nice outdoor range at my own house. I never did like public ranges. I go shoot to get away from people anyway.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 3:06:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You City boys crack me up! That is why there are concrete benches there, so you do not have to deal with the springy steel bench. With that said, I shoot consistent .3's + .4's off those same crapy steel benches, with a .22-250, Harris BRM, swivel base Bi-pod, and rear Rabbit ear bag, hand loads, and a 10x Bushnell! Did you not expect to have to walk down range, once you got there Sounds to me like Ol' Harry might have made you mad, that is usually what happens. You can tell by the way there eyes glow red. Seriously now, driving through construction traffic, walking back and forth, these factors should have no bearing on your reflection on a given range, as these conditions are not controlled by the range! If you do not like the place that is fine, I think you were just shocked to drive all that way and pay $8 and then actually walk down range! I mean I do not know any one who still walks down range any more? I personally just wish for my target to magically appear and POOF! Then when I leave I have the little range Troll go fetch my targets. A serious question? Did you tell Harry, that you would not be back or why? If not, how come? Springy steel benches are not really an obstacle, if you are a profecient shooter! Let me be fair, how many people were on the bench? I only ask to make a point, with no flame intended. If there were not many people on the bench, my friend that is not the problem, but in your defense, I also have been there when the range was full and my gear was dancing on the bench! I am sorry about your bad experience, if it truely was all due to the facilities, but I doubt it! HEY! Try one of the Members only clubs, that you need a second job for. They may have range caddies!

You country boys that don't read/ comprehend everything bein said crack me up....Harry was nice to me the couple of times we talked. An you're free to think whatever its not the 1st time I've been there but it has been a while and I already knew I was gonna be out $8 bucks to play. I was expecting that and it didn't have anything to do with it. And I was never bitchin about walkin down range....I forgot my spottin scope so I was makin trips down there repeatedly, yet if you reread what I said I never complained about that. Thats all me right there..... I was talkin bout the the parking, walkin through the cattle gate, then walking more to a shootin spot. And when you make 3 or 4 trips back n fourth to the car that crap gets old fast. Thats my biggest gripe. And my friend, when you have a bunch of steel tubing all together with metal siding catching all the wind....stuff shakes.....and that makes it tough to get a good zero. And I'd rather just go to where the shootin is free and fun out in Lexington rather than one of them Member Only places you speak of. And whats up with all the you doubting me on this and personally you think that? You act like you know me which you don't have a clue about me on anything, which is obvious by your post. Thats like me saying I think you're pullin my leg when it comes to you shootin .3's + .4s with a swivel this and a bipod that simply by the way you rushed through what I said and didn't take the time read/ comprehend what I was saying and that personally anyone that rushes through reading something has no patience and therefore he's not capable of making the .3s + .4s shots you claim. But, I'm not sayin that, just used it as an example is all. We don't know each other, why you tryin to sound like you do?

Damn their may be some fight in this dog.

I never seen Rat get worked up over something........I'm making popcorn............
/Mils Lane/   Lets get it on      /Mils Lane/

Continue on We havent had a thread locked or sent to the pit lately it's getting boring around hear

By the way no rapid fire = the suck..........isn't this a no rapid fire place also......
acman trying to egg a fight on.........
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:57:12 PM EDT
[#6]
LOL acman!! No fightin goin on here....yet....just straightenin people out is all. And Josh, that makes sense goin to shoot at a place thats 30 minutes-ish colser. I'm about in the middle of them, so for my money/ drive n everything else factored in, Lexington is where its at. Plus like acman said...no rapid fire = they suck. The sign says "NO sustained rapid fire without permission" I believe.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:52:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Are you kidding?  Banner is the best range I've been to in years!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:04:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
You City boys crack me up! That is why there are concrete benches there, so you do not have to deal with the springy steel bench. With that said, I shoot consistent .3's + .4's off those same crapy steel benches, with a .22-250, Harris BRM, swivel base Bi-pod, and rear Rabbit ear bag, hand loads, and a 10x Bushnell!h.gif Did you not expect to have to walk down range, once you got thereHarry. You can tell by the way there eyes glow redhrough They may have range caddies!hr

You country boys that don't read/ comprehend everything bein said crack me up....Harry was nice to me the couple of times we talked. An you're free to think whatever its not the 1st time I've been there but it has been a while and I already knew I was gonna be out $8 bucks to play. I was expecting that and it didn't have anything to do with it. And I was never bitchin about walkin down range....I forgot my spottin scope so I was makin trips down there repeatedly, yet if you reread what I said I never complained about that. Thats all me right there..... I was talkin bout the the parking, walkin through the cattle gate, then walking more to a shootin spot. And when you make 3 or 4 trips back n fourth to the car that crap gets old fast. Thats my biggest gripe. And my friend, when you have a bunch of steel tubing all together with metal siding catching all the wind....stuff shakes.....and that makes it tough to get a good zero. And I'd rather just go to where the shootin is free and fun out in Lexington rather than one of them Member Only places you speak of. And whats up with all the you doubting me on this and personally you think that? You act like you know me which you don't have a clue about me on anything, which is obvious by your post. Thats like me saying I think you're pullin my leg when it comes to you shootin .3's + .4s with a swivel this and a bipod that simply by the way you rushed through what I said and didn't take the time read/ comprehend what I was saying and that personally anyone that rushes through reading something has no patience and therefore he's not capable of making the .3s + .4s shots you claim. But, I'm not sayin that, just used it as an example is all. We don't know each other, why you tryin to sound like you do? hr

Damn their may be some fight in this dog.hing........I'm making popcorn............ haventheacman trying to egg a fight onhr

The new guy is not trying to start a brawl!hoice In reference to my shooting abilities. I would invite you to spend a range session together with me and I would be happy to let you rule out any doubts you may have and maybe even have a good time!
I just do not believe that with all the factors you were dealing with that you were giving the range a fair shake, that's all. I have never been to Lexington but from what I have heard from plenty of people who have, it is not a desirable place to go! As for lining out. Not here!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:56:28 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn their may be some fight in this dog.

I never seen Rat get worked up over something........I'm making popcorn............
/Mils Lane/   Lets get it on      /Mils Lane/

Continue on We havent had a thread locked or sent to the pit lately it's getting boring around hear

By the way no rapid fire = the suck..........isn't this a no rapid fire place also......
acman trying to egg a fight on.........

The new guy is not trying to start a brawl!

RatTerrier: You may be a nice man! I don't know, as you stated I don't know you and do not pretend to. My intent was not to flame you, antagonize you, and I certainly was not calling you a liar! A persons choice in ranges does not bother me in the least. I simply observed from your post that most of your complaints had nothing at all to do with the range, but rather the conditions getting to the range and the extra work employed upon yourself by leaving your equipment at home! Like I said, no flame intended, just stating the obvious. LOL In reference to my shooting abilities. I would invite you to spend a range session together with me and I would be happy to let you rule out any doubts you may have and maybe even have a good time!
I just do not believe that with all the factors you were dealing with that you were giving the range a fair shake, that's all. I have never been to Lexington but from what I have heard from plenty of people who have, it is not a desirable place to go! As for lining out. Not here!

Stating the obvious you're not reading my 1st post, in that post I still never mentioned anything about me leaving equipment at home therefore giving myself the extra work of walkin to the targets, that was never something I brought up until you mentioned range fairys or gnomes or something like that that'll retrieve my targets for me. Driving through crappy construction sucked, the conditions of getting to the range, after you're there, the walking distances....suck. Again, you park n go through the cattle gate then left or right to your desired shooting area. I',m spoiled with goin to Lexington gettin to park 20 feet away from where I'm shootin. Call me lazy....I call it smart parkin. And the wind catching cover/ bench was annoying as well. And yeah we'll have to get together sometime and do some shoootin. I'm pretty much always up for a good shoot.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 1:05:43 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I would much rather shoot at Banner then the garbage dump Lexington.  Banner is about a 40 minute drive and Lex is about 1 hour 15 minutes.  I get to shoot at BOTH for free. hr

County or OKC-PD? Don't tell me you are one of them INS guys!
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:46:42 AM EDT
[#11]
None of the above, but close.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 6:02:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Hmm, sounds like we should have a night shoot sometime soon!
Might have to wait until deer season is over, but I DEFINITELY see one in the near future!
Just to add a little note to shooting benches, the best ones are the hood of your pickup truck!
That, grasshoppers, is a sign of a country boy!
And a quarter section of wheat make a great range to boot!
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:14:21 AM EDT
[#13]
You mean the Canadian Range?
That place as ok to shoot at during the summer weekdays, weekends sucked.
If you are driving from 19th and Walmart off of I-35 in OKC/Norman then you should become a member of the Tri-Cities gun club.

www.tricitygunclub.org/

I can't believe that someone from Oklahoma is complaining about cattle gates....

Quoted:
And jeeez, after goin there and spendin $8 bucks to walk my @ss off back n fourth to the car through the cattle gate to a spot on the bench n back.... that!! Today Banner Road got on the perminant black list.32 miles from I-35 and 19th WalMart to Banner...PSH! Plus I had to drive through all that crappy construction in the city. After going and paying to walk to shoot and walk somemore.....I ain't goin back there! Plus the entire bench moves since it's all made from steel tubing the whole frickin thing shakes slightly. BLAH! I'll drive maybe 10 more minutes to go shoot for free at Lexington where the shootin benches don't move around on ya.

Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:12:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Tri City = How much a year $$$$ When Lexington = free......its just hard to beat the price. lol And yeah someone from Oklahoma is complaing about cattle gates! lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top