Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2005 7:53:25 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:54:50 PM EDT
[#1]
i guess you still dont realize that god has a fucked up sense of humor.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:56:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:59:31 PM EDT
[#3]
...depends on how well you take to
"honey, it's your turn check on/change/feed, the baby".

Relax bro, you'll be a pro in no time.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:03:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Just wait until your little one starts walking. Then your in for it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:04:24 PM EDT
[#5]
[slapping your face] Get a hold of yourself man![/slapping your face]

Seriously...though...Congrats Shawn!!

What was the Birth date Weight, height Name PICS WTF man? Give us some details!
I'm not a Dad....But I know a little of what it's like as I was 14 years old when my Sister was born. All I have to say is GOOD LUCK to you! And, don't expect to sleep to much anytime soon!

There must be something in the water...as I just spoke to another friend of mine who's wife just had a baby on the 8th!

-John
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:09:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:09:24 PM EDT
[#7]

OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!! I HAVE A BABY!!!! WTF AM I GOING TO DO???? I CAN BARELY TAKE CARE OF MY SELF!!!!! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:10:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:14:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:16:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:19:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:19:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:23:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:35:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:38:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:44:29 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Baby picture?

www.catra.net/critters/goat1.jpg

isnt that a personal attack?
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:46:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:55:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Dude,  she is a girl!  Its different than a boy.  Boys are harder when they are young because they are pussies!  Girls are easier at first(Im gonna get killed for this) because they cry and bitch less.  Boys get better as they grow into men.  Girls get worse as they grow into fucking pains in the ass like their mothers!  Dude, you know me, my daughter is nine and my step-son is four.  My daughter has been a sweetheart her whole life.  The stepson is another story completely.  So i am waiting for her to turn into her mother.  Its gonna hurt.  

It all gets a little better everyday.  At first she seems like some kind of unstable expolsive.  But after a while it all calms down dude.  Dont worry.   Your the man. ..................Sleep Tight!       HeHe!!

Brian
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:59:42 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Baby picture?

www.catra.net/critters/goat1.jpg

I am a former Border Patrol Agent,  Shawn is a friend of mine.........Dont make me break out the MAGLIGHT!!!    

Just kidding...........Im just trying to be funny!!!!

Brian
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:03:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:06:23 PM EDT
[#21]
i build stupid guns
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 4:47:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Shawn

It's easy my friend. You no longer have a life from now on you will not eat,sleep or have any money until you die

Is Danger worth it Hell yes

Right now just take it one day at a time and enjoy every funny thing she does to make you laugh& cry.

My little girl will be 15 in three weeks and if I can surive it I know you can.

Neanderthal
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:01:43 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
What do you do now?

Seen the ASA rebirth thread?

TXL
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:03:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Garryowen said ...

ok Dads out there... how long until I get used to this?

My oldest is seven, and I'm still not used to it so ... probably never.

Flip side is, when you walk through the door and hear them scream "Daaadddyyy!", there is nothing else like it in the known universe!

Congratulations, you have just stepped into it. Your world will never be the same.

The Red Goat said ...

Group buy on ... uh.... TONKa toys for the new one?

Um ... shouldn't that be Mattel in these parts?
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:15:31 AM EDT
[#25]
... You think your stressed now?

... Just wait a few years until her little chest starts deforming from flat - and little boys don't come around your house just to ride her tricycle anymore.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:31:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Shawn, I think you're like me. I can't even come to terms with the fact that anyone even MARRIED me, let alone bore my children.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:42:48 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
... You think your stressed now?

... Just wait a few years until her little chest starts deforming from flat - and little boys don't come around your house just to ride her tricycle anymore.

Are you kidding?  He won't have a problem with that.

Most fathers are cleaning a shotgun when they want to intimidate the daughters boyfriend.  He'll be cleaning belt-fed Machine guns and CAV-16's.  He plays his cards right, and his daughter won't be able to get a kiss 'till she's 30.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:55:52 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!! I HAVE A BABY!!!! WTF AM I GOING TO DO???? I CAN BARELY TAKE CARE OF MY SELF!!!!! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations on the baby!!....Just so you know, you never really get used to it, you just evolve through different stages, some are easies to deal with than others, Your fondest memories will probably be from around age 3 to Junior High School.

Then the real fun (worry) begins!!! My daughter turns 21 this week and I'm still the biggest worrier, maybe when she is out of school and on her own I'll be able to relax, MAYBE!!!.......
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 8:46:15 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Flip side is, when you walk through the door and hear them scream "Daaadddyyy!", there is nothing else like it in the known universe!

Especially when you don't have any kids you were aware of... :)

Shawn, you mean she's going to go around saying "Danger is my middle name?"

Christ, you're one of those parents my wife and I make fun of for giving their kids names that other kids WILL make fun of. :)
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 8:52:08 AM EDT
[#30]

Christ, you're one of those parents my wife and I make fun of for giving their kids names that other kids WILL make fun of. :)

Getting made fun of on a daily basis by strangers and friends has not caused you to go postal,  she will be fine.  

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 11:24:47 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
[slapping your face] Get a hold of yourself man![/slapping your face]

Seriously...though...Congrats Shawn!!

What was the Birth date Weight, height Name PICS WTF man? Give us some details!
I'm not a Dad....But I know a little of what it's like as I was 14 years old when my Sister was born. All I have to say is GOOD LUCK to you! And, don't expect to sleep to much anytime soon!

There must be something in the water...as I just spoke to another friend of mine who's wife just had a baby on the 8th!

-John

www.dangernealon.com

Shawn,
     Your little girl is beautiful! Props to the wife! She might be issued a Pink Cav-15 someday? Congrats again!
I have to ask is her middle name really “Danger”? If so…. that’s pretty damn cool!

-John
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 11:59:23 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

87 days!
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 1:36:13 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I have a five month old son...I'm pretty sure this feeling never goes away. I take worse care of myself now than before my wife and I had a child. Eat, sleep, adult conversation...that's all in the past.

...But it is worth it. Shawn, my little guy could be you daughters boyfriend someday
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 7:37:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Shawn,

My utmost congratulations sir!  I have a 17 and 13-year old (boys), and the ol lady has a daughter that just turned 13.  

Didn't you get the owner's manual?  If not, talk to the manufacturer!  Oh, wait, that would be you!  

Being a parent involves emotions you have never experienced before.  It hurts SO bad when they hate you, but feels SO good when they love you.  You aren't just the role model...  You are their protector, their jailer, their confidant, their teacher, and, at times, their god.  One thing:  it is never easy.

You'll spend the first two years teaching her to walk and talk, and the next 18 years telling her to shut up and sit down.  You'll teach her how to drive and then be too scared for her to let her use the car.  The wife is going to show her proper techniques for applying makeup, but you'll hide everything the first day she has a boy walk her home from school.  You'll teach her your ethics and rejoice when she makes her own decisions.  

For now, enjoy God's gift to you.  Remember, when she crys in the middle of the night and wakes you up, it's because she needs you.  When she spits up all over your shirt, it's because she loves you enough to spill her guts.  When she smiles at you, it's because she trusts you.  No other job in the world even compares.  

I don't know you outside of this forum, but I have every belief you have brought a valuable and needed addition into this world.  

Danielle (Camy's oldest daughter) just turned 13, and she is beginning to realize that the newest growth on her chest seems to have a favorable impact on the boys at school.  She asked me some time ago when she will be allowed to date.  I told her just as soon as her date can meet me at the door and beat my ass.  I'll be 80 years old, still beating them off with my cane and cursing at them with no teeth, and you will, too.  

Instill her with honor, integrity, and beliefs, but earn her trust by allowing her to openly admit her mistakes to you.

Until then, just flip a coin to see who's turn it is to change the diaper.  

Richard
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 7:38:26 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a five month old son...I'm pretty sure this feeling never goes away. I take worse care of myself now than before my wife and I had a child. Eat, sleep, adult conversation...that's all in the past.

...But it is worth it. Shawn, my little guy could be you daughters boyfriend someday
img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/mleaky/sillyJosh.jpg

Beautiful...  Absolutely artwork!  Congratulations to you, sir!
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 7:46:21 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Just wait until your little one starts walking. Then your in for it.

Amen.  But worth any/all aggravation!

Congrats!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top