Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2006 5:56:08 PM EDT
Two weeks of studying - 33/35 correct. The General Element 3 is next, whenever, but NOW it's time to buy GEAR!!!

ar-jedi, calling ar-jedi!!! LOL!

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:04:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats! I never could do the code requirements. I stopped at Tech.
It's been a while, but I used to have a blast VHF contesting. 6m and 2m ssb can be lots of fun at times. I actually came in 2nd place for NNJ area QRP in one ARRL VHF contest many moons ago. Missed 1st by like 100 points!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:39:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 1:56:14 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Two weeks of studying - 33/35 correct. The General Element 3 is next, whenever, but NOW it's time to buy GEAR!!!

What's so hard about this ???
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:19:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What's so hard about this ???
www.hormel.com/kitchen/images/refimages/seasonedinsight/ham/spiralcut3.jpg

BTH, you're scaring me. LOOK at that picture: "Boning the HAM". Freudian thing going on here?

Thanks BTH.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:39:34 PM EDT
[#5]
nice going. i used to operate 2m ssb with an ic-211. wish i had the high powered version now but Lori (wife and now EX-PASTRY chef) in grad school with the step daughter in college it will be 18 months till i start to look at ham goodies again. on eham.net i keep watching for one of the big two/three to come out with a 6&2 meter ssb rig but nothing yet.

be well
maxwell
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:30:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:14:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
So, since when did you need a license to go hamming it up all over town?

Today with MAP, we had BBQ ribs and pulled pork sammich.

I have a 2XL for you.

IM your snail mail address.

L_d
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:15:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
nice going. i used to operate 2m ssb with an ic-211. wish i had the high powered version now but Lori (wife and now EX-PASTRY chef) in grad school with the step daughter in college it will be 18 months till i start to look at ham goodies again. on eham.net i keep watching for one of the big two/three to come out with a 6&2 meter ssb rig but nothing yet.

be well
maxwell

Thank you.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:37:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Congrats Lion_Dog. I'm reading up on the first Tech exam, hoping to take it in a few weeks.

^_^_^
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:24:51 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Congrats Lion_Dog. I'm reading up on the first Tech exam, hoping to take it in a few weeks.

^_^_^

Excellent - I have a POST test HELPer, IM you email address.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:21:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:26:05 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Congratulations

Thank you EdSr.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:09:44 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

turn up the power -- i can't hear you!!!  

congrats are in order -- that's a score to mount to the refrigerator.
now be a good consumer and go blow some money on some rigs.  
IM me if you need any help determining what to spend your cash on.

ps:
if you are not too far north we can probably chat on 2M through one of the NNJ repeaters, and with 99% certainty through the carmel NY "PEARL" repeater.  

ar-jedi

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top