Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2004 8:48:58 AM EDT
Is there anyone out there that is avid about hunting varmets?  If so, what do you use?  Where do you go?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:30:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Most of the varmets in my neck of the "woods" are 2-legged and we can't hunt them.    The most common 4-legged is the possum and the weapon of choice usually has 4 wheels.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:56:16 PM EDT
[#2]
There are more coyotes here in SoKal than one would ever believe.  Do a search on Coyote hunting in california and you will get lots of pages.  Find some private property or a big ranch and blast away!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:15:09 PM EDT
[#3]
is varmet a french varmint ?

like said before theres tons of yotes, actually many are even in the city limits.

go to the BLM website check out the carrizo plains page, then also get a map of the area you want to hunt in. your gonna have to go into the desert to hunt yotes and what few jackrabbits you can find. ground squirrels are around in the mtns, grays have a season and bag limit.

best spot for squirrels is to go find a farm that has a problem and ask permission to hunt there.

all the best hunting spots are usually kept secret, cuz they are so hard to find.

check out www.varminthunters.com lots of kali folks there.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:46:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I've never been so I don't know the times of year but I read somewhere that alfalfa farmers in Nor-Cal have a prarrie dog shoot.  Apparently there are thousands of the bastards and people from all over the sate are encouraged to go. There are tours that take shooters there too, IIRC.

Cheers
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:31:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I've never been so I don't know the times of year but I read somewhere that alfalfa farmers in Nor-Cal have a prarrie dog shoot.  Apparently there are thousands of the bastards and people from all over the sate are encouraged to go. There are tours that take shooters there too, IIRC.

Cheers

That counds alot like the squirrel round-up in Modoc county. Always wanted to go but never had anyone around me interested
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:48:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Do you need a hunting license to shoot Cyotes in California?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:01:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Do you need a hunting license to shoot Cyotes in California?

Yes. Do you have your hunting license?

www.dfg.ca.gov/fg_comm/regs.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top