Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2006 4:17:49 PM EDT
has anyone have or had any run ins with vans heating heres what i had to put up with just because i decided to install my own heating they called the city on me checking to see if i had a permit  not to mention they wanted to charge me more then 500 more then someone in milw would of charges
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:30:13 PM EDT
[#1]
whoa.....

Are you saying you had a problem with Van's Heating?

I am not going to go all "grammar nazi" on you.  It's just that your post makes my brain hurt.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:33:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I have never had any encounters with them.

There are certain law about doing your own heating and cooling. That said.

It is what you can expect from the trades.  They get all pissed when they think someone is trying to take money away from them. Bullshit unions is what it is all about. I am a nonunion fitter. The way the union shitbags treat me and my guys sometimes is a bunch of crap. The assholes won't even shake your hand out of common courtesy. They act like you are diseased. Bunch is dickheads is all they are. Most are just fine. It's the asses that make everyone look bad.

I am sure there are people that will disagree with me. That is fine. Sometimes I would not mind being union. Make extra money to do 1/4 the work per day, and make it look as good as I do now. Why not.

Sorry BC for the language. The union issue is a hot button for me.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:39:12 PM EDT
[#3]
What does this have to do about anything that AR15 is about?  How about sticking to shooting related items, not publically bashing people or businesses.

I have no relationship with the company you mentioned.  In fact, I know nothing about them.  I just think we should be keeping these forums gun related.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:43:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What does this have to do about anything that AR15 is about?  How about sticking to shooting related items, not publically bashing people or businesses.

I have no relationship with the company you mentioned.  In fact, I know nothing about them.  I just think we should be keeping these forums gun related.

I thought this was a talk about anything plus guns forum.

If people need to be alerted about less than stellar business practice...I say have at it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:02:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

It is what you can expect from the trades.  They get all pissed when they think someone is trying to take money away from them. Bullshit unions is what it is all about. I am a nonunion fitter. The way the union shitbags treat me and my guys sometimes is a bunch of crap. The assholes won't even shake your hand out of common courtesy. They act like you are diseased. Bunch is dickheads is all they are. Most are just fine. It's the asses that make everyone look bad.

I am sure there are people that will disagree with me. That is fine. Sometimes I would not mind being union. Make extra money to do 1/4 the work per day, and make it look as good as I do now. Why not.

Hey, easy there Flamethrower.  I happen to be a union shitbag!  LMAO!!  Seriously, I know what you are talking about with the shitbags that treat non-union tradesmen like they are diseased, and I am not that guy.  Hell I even like you, you non-union shitbag!  To be truthful, I am leaving the union shortly, a friend of mine who owns a union electrical shop is going non-union and I am going with him.

Now as for you colt100.  This is the hometown forum, and I would like for you to show me where it says that the threads in here have to be related to AR15s.  If you don't have anything to add to the discussion you are free to move on.  Give the new guy a break.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:11:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, easy there Flamethrower.  I happen to be a union shitbag!  LMAO!!  Seriously, I know what you are talking about with the shitbags that treat non-union tradesmen like they are diseased, and I am not that guy.  Hell I even like you, you non-union shitbag!  To be truthful, I am leaving the union shortly, a friend of mine who owns a union electrical shop is going non-union and I am going with him.

Now as for you colt100.  This is the hometown forum, and I would like for you to show me where it says that the threads in here have to be related to AR15s.  If you don't have anything to add to the discussion you are free to move on.  Give the new guy a break.

I know I cast a broad net there. Like I said the majority of the union guys are good to go. It's just the few bad apples that ruin it for everyone.

Take it from a non-union shitbag Dale. You are A-okay. You union shitbag you.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:57:18 AM EDT
[#7]
i thought this was the best way to let people know about vans so they dont get screwed over by vans i know theres alot of people in green bay who love the black weapon lol
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:06:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:39:09 AM EDT
[#9]

Sorry to hear about your experience, gunsling.  No further comment there.

FT and Dale, FWIW:

The opinion below comes from someone who had his Great Grandfather beaten within an inch of his life for crossing a picket line in the 30's, and who also happens to currently be part of one the most corrupt internationals in American history.

As a business owner I've got localities where my employee's union cards are a benefit.  In some areas, the business owner has zero choice in the matter, and it's generally in those areas that the "bad" happens.  In the areas where I have a choice, it can go either way.  While I disagree with the basic principal of collective barganing, in the temporary construction trades it can certainly benefit both the employee and the employer.

To me, as long as there is a choice for both parties, we're all good (and I'll deal with the union bullcrap if my workers aren't part of the local).  It's when the relationship is forced upon the two by Government mandate that I have issues with it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:31:42 AM EDT
[#10]
heres one more thing to add about vans heating then ill quit bitching lol they charged me for a infrared scan that i found out there isnt such a thing nothing like getting ripped off i guess they needed 80 bucks more then i did people beware
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:40:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
heres one more thing to add about vans heating then ill quit bitching lol they charged me for a infrared scan that i found out there isnt such a thing nothing like getting ripped off i guess they needed 80 bucks more then i did people beware

What do you mean there isn't such a thing as an infrared scan?  We use them in the electrical industry, and I am sure that other trades use them too.  Did they scan your furnace to look for hot spots, or your chimney to see how much heat you were blowing out?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top