Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2011 8:28:32 AM EDT
I read someplace that utah wasnt going to allow people out of state to get pistol permits anymore. anyone know what the deal is with this?
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:02:13 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I read someplace that utah wasnt going to allow people out of state to get pistol permits anymore. anyone know what the deal is with this?

AFAIK that is incorrect. AFAIK it only affects residents of states that "recognizes the validity of the Utah permit or has reciprocity with Utah's concealed firearm permit law". The change does not affect NY residents because NYS does not recognize a UT CCW nor does NY have a reciprocal agreement with the state of UT.

http://le.utah.gov/~2011/bills/sbillamd/sb0036s01.pdf

(4) (a) In addition to meeting the other qualifications for the issuance of a concealed

75 firearm permit under this section, a nonresident applicant who resides in a state that

75a recognizes the validity of the Utah permit or has reciprocity with Utah's concealed firearm

75b permit law  shall:

76 (i) hold a current concealed firearm or concealed weapon permit issued by the

77 appropriate permitting authority of the nonresident applicant's state of residency

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 2:33:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:26:46 PM EDT
[#3]
ahh..thanks for clearing that up guys!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top