Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/4/2004 6:24:49 PM EST
Well as some of you may know, I am in the process of starting up a Gun/rifle club at UGA. I've actually had a lot more support than I was planning on. I've got a deal started with Athens Rifle Club for them allowing us to use the range. So, what I was planning on was having a shoot at ARC in the upcoming months with all of the hometown crew as well as the club members, that way they can play with the black rifles and all of the other toys that some of you guys have. Let me know your thoughts on it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:43:10 PM EST
Great idea!! Send out feelers for a date soon, these slobs are terrible when it comes to setting a date for something. That being said, this week is no good for me. I would like to attend though.

ByteTheBullet (-:
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:19:08 PM EST

Originally Posted By ByteTheBullet:
Send out feelers for a date soon,
ByteTheBullet (-:

Shopping around without your wife again?!?!?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:19:48 PM EST
Probably looking at a Nov or Dec shoot at the earliest. I've got some more paperwork that I have to do through the University. I've been so busy with setting up this club, work, and school that I haven't spent much time on here lately.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:49:51 AM EST
I would love to, as long as it isn't too cold. I hate loading mags when my hands are frozen.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:05:43 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:51:27 AM EST
I'd be interested as well. Are the members of the club from the University? or from the gun club we'd be shooting at? I'm all for encouraging gun ownership.

Just a thought, but if it's the students, it may be worthwhile to encourage them to bring their girlfriends as well. Gun owners need to change the point of view that women have of guns, and especially black guns. The women are the ones that need to see that there REALLY isn't anything special about them that makes them more dangerous.

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:52:56 AM EST

Originally Posted By Kletzenklueffer:
I'd be interested as well. Are the members of the club from the University? or from the gun club we'd be shooting at? I'm all for encouraging gun ownership.

Just a thought, but if it's the students, it may be worthwhile to encourage them to bring their girlfriends as well. Gun owners need to change the point of view that women have of guns, and especially black guns. The women are the ones that need to see that there REALLY isn't anything special about them that makes them more dangerous.

Yea not to mention they might be hooooot.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:06:33 AM EST

Originally Posted By Blackriflefever:

i hate you...

<­BR>
no.....really...
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:08:16 AM EST

Originally Posted By MrsBRF:

i hate you...

<­BR>
no.....really...

But I love you so very much.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:10:42 AM EST

Originally Posted By MrsBRF:

i hate you...

<­BR>
no.....really...

But I love you so very much.

im sure...
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:42:55 AM EST
It will be members of the club at UGA, I'm sure there probably will be some of teh ARC members there though.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:55:38 PM EST
I wouldn't mind joing in the fun. I want to see the range. I have been thinking of trying to join ARC for a while now.

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:31:56 PM EST
Sounds like a good idea to me. Keep us updated.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:43:19 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/6/2004 6:43:51 AM EST by FNGfromGA]
Do they allow Machine guns and other Class III?

FNGfromGA out
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:36:08 PM EST
Don't know but will definately look into that and get back with you.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:12:43 PM EST
I take it they don't mind our evil black rifles?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:30:53 PM EST
No, black rifles is a go. I've been out there before and there was a guy shooting away. It was the first time I actually saw an AR. Not sure about those of the full auto variety. I'm meeting with some sponsors over the next couple of days so I will ask to see if ARC allows full auto or not. I doubt it since its a private range. I've been so busy getting this new club off the ground. I know a lot of you guys don't like to discuss what kind of guns you have on the forum. But I'm putting together a list of what types of firearms that any given person could shoot. So if you want you can just IM or PM me. No names will be released. I will be the only one who knows. If you don't want to disclose then thats cool too, i understand. Just want to give people an idea of what is available for them to "play" with and shoot.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:37:41 AM EST
Just an update. Over the past month through a lot of hard work and time, I've managed to get the gun club at UGA up and going. We have about 31 members so far, and that is by just sending out emails and word of mouth. With that said, the upcoming shoot will probably be held mid to late Nov. It will more than likely be on a saturday depending on whether or not we have a game that day. I'll continue to keep y'all informed as more comes up.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:39:57 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/21/2004 4:40:46 AM EST by badeffect10]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:11:43 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:14:48 AM EST

Originally Posted By kblagg:
No, black rifles is a go. I've been out there before and there was a guy shooting away. It was the first time I actually saw an AR. Not sure about those of the full auto variety. I'm meeting with some sponsors over the next couple of days so I will ask to see if ARC allows full auto or not. I doubt it since its a private range. I've been so busy getting this new club off the ground. I know a lot of you guys don't like to discuss what kind of guns you have on the forum. But I'm putting together a list of what types of firearms that any given person could shoot. So if you want you can just IM or PM me. No names will be released. I will be the only one who knows. If you don't want to disclose then thats cool too, i understand. Just want to give people an idea of what is available for them to "play" with and shoot.

I just found this thread again, I wasn't ignoring you. Do you still need a list of availiable firearms? It is a sad story, I lost all mine in a tragic boating accident. It sounds like you are working hard to get this club started. Let us know if you need anything. You are doing a service for the shooting community.

ByteTheBullet (-:
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:23:47 AM EST
Top Top