Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/20/2005 10:17:19 AM EDT
Im thinking about moving up to maine.

Anybody up there have any words of advice on how difficult it is to get full auto rifles??
I live in NY and it is totally imoppible here, for obvious reasons, to get what I want.

I would love to get a full-auto SBR thommy gun.
what kinda lawsy would I be facing up there??

thanks,
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:40:50 PM EDT
No bans or restrictions beyond the Federal NFA laws. If you are legal to own a firearm (not a felon, etc.), you may own a full-auto gun.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:11:20 PM EDT
awesome, thanks
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:47:29 AM EDT
One of my friends in Maine owns Class III - Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont seem to be pretty progun overall. Should be no issue to own Class III - just stay away from Portland and other liberal sh#tholes down south.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:46:49 PM EDT
Obviously, you may encounter difficulty getting CLEO signoff in some larger jurisdicitions, such as Portland.

But if you're smart enough to move to rural community you'll encounter no particular difficulties.............beyond the usual and customary NFA branch timeframes from hell.

My CLEO is great. My most recent F4 went out a few weeks ago. From filling out the forms, getting prints done, signoff, to dumping it all in the mail took less than 2 hours. The hardest part is finding those damn passport photos.

Sam
Top Top