Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2006 3:21:02 PM EDT

Wasn't it last Christmas that Target refused to let the Salvation Army ring their bells in front of their stores?

Dick Forrey of the Vietnam Veterans Association wrote.

"Recently we asked the local TARGET store to be a proud
sponsor of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall during our
spring recognition event.

We received the following reply
from the local TARGET management:
" Veterans do not meet our
area of giving. We only donate to the arts, social action
groups, gay & lesbian causes, and education."

So I'm thinking, if the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall and
veterans in general, do not meet their donation criteria,
then something is really wrong at this TARGET store. We were
not asking for thousands of dollars, not even hundreds, just
a small sponsorship for a memorial remembrance.

As a follow-up, I E-mailed the TARGET U.S. Corporate
Headquarters and their response was the same.
That's their
national policy.

Then I looked into the company further.
They will not allow
the Marines to collect for 'Toys for Tots' at any of their
stores. And during the recent Iraq deployment, they would
not allow families of employees who were called up for
active duty to continue their insurance coverage while
they were on military service. Then as I dig further,

TARGET
is a French-owned corporation .

Now, I'm thinking again. If TARGET cannot support American
Veterans, then why should my family and I support their
stores by spending our hard earned America! n dollars!

And,
have their profits sent to France.

Without the American
Vets, where would France be today?

"They, most likely would be speaking German and trading in Deutsch Marks"

Sincerely,
Dick Forrey
Veterans Helping Veterans

Please send this on to everyone you know
to let Target know
we don't need them either !

=
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:21:59 PM EDT
[#1]
well man, I ain't a veteran, but a lot of my family are, I read something simular to this last year or so,

and while I don't give a shit for the salvation army, united way and the likes of them or the arts, social action groups, gay & lesbian causes, and education or any of the other PC bullshit causes out there,

I do support our military personel and veterans,

oh and I'll add, I havn't stepped foot inside of a target store since april of 1995.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:22:52 PM EDT
[#2]
well target sucks ass anyway i figured that out with one trip...... never been back

now that i know their french owned i know why they suck ass
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:31:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Didn't know until you put this up. Target will NOT get any more of my money. It's probably been 8 or 9 years since I even went into one, but NEVER again.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:39:04 PM EDT
[#4]
http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/t/target-viet.htm

Maybe someone with better posting skills then me can make these hot.  While all the other posted stuff about Target may be true, this one smelled like internet bullflop and it turns out my sniffer was correct.

Also my sniffer told me the French stuff was probably just tacked on for added hate effect.  Turns out that was true too...

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/pr?s=TGT

It's a publicly traded company and headquartered in Minnesota.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:05:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/t/target-viet.htm

Maybe someone with better posting skills then me can make these hot.  While all the other posted stuff about Target may be true, this one smelled like internet bullflop and it turns out my sniffer was correct.

Also my sniffer told me the French stuff was probably just tacked on for added hate effect.  Turns out that was true too...

finance.yahoo.com/q/pr?s=TGT

It's a publicly traded company and headquartered in Minnesota.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:07:39 PM EDT
[#6]
since this thread is basically bullshit now......

it doesn't change the fact target sucks ass

but now i'll argue with L

Quoted:
well man, I ain't a veteran, but a lot of my family are, I read something simular to this last year or so,

and while I don't give a shit for the salvation army, united way and the likes of them or the arts, social action groups, gay & lesbian causes, and education or any of the other PC bullshit causes out there,

oh and I'll add, I havn't stepped foot inside of a target store since april of 1995.

Theirs absolutely no reason not to suport lesbians sometimes they switch hit
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:44:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
since this thread is basically bullshit now......

it doesn't change the fact target sucks ass

but now i'll argue with L

Quoted:

Theirs absolutely no reason not to suport lesbians sometimes they switch hit

I don't have any hostillity or animosity towards lesbians, I just don't care to support their causes,

shit man 1/2 my life I thought I was an indian, till I met a lesbian and she explained how I was one too,  

some of my best friends are lesbians,  there ain't nothing compairs to seeing two or more chicks at a lesbian picnic, well..........there is one thing better, and that when they invite you to partake in the dessert,

they two times I've been invited they got a laugh when I offer to add some cream topping to their pie, did get some good pics though,

so yeah man, they ain't nothing wrong with lesbians, every red blooded American male has a place in their hearts for lesbians, because who doesn't like to see and possibly get to join in with a couple of chicks in a little lickin' n bumpin' action,

You know what they call a dude that don't like lesbians or thinks its socialy and moraly wrong?
a queer..........and there is something socialy and moraly wrong with queers, cause that shits just plain and outright nausiatingly nasty.

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:28:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Ndenway, I know you have a thing for Lesbians. You never miss the opportunity to tell them you are a Lesbian also, just trapped in a man's body!
ACman, I know a blonde switch hitter with 38 DDs, a master degree, around 125 lbs, that could take us all on till we couldn't walk. But I ain't man enough for that kind of crap anymore. It'll bring you more trouble than you would ever believe. Try getting tied up with a lesbian and you'll find it ain't as much fun as you think!
Can you imagine a guy finding out his wife left him for anothe woman?????
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:04:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Ndenway, I know you have a thing for Lesbians. You never miss the opportunity to tell them you are a Lesbian also, just trapped in a man's body!
ACman, I know a blonde switch hitter with 38 DDs, a master degree, around 125 lbs, that could take us all on till we couldn't walk. But I ain't man enough for that kind of crap anymore. It'll bring you more trouble than you would ever believe. Try getting tied up with a lesbian and you'll find it ain't as much fun as you think!

hell Dan your lookin at too much of the negitive side of lesbianism,

shit if my wife or GF turned out to be lesbian, it wouldn't bother me a bit if she had herself a girlfried, unless of course she didn't invite me to join in with the festivities on a regular basis,

as for being tied up with one, I ain't into the bondage thing, not to say I wouldn't tie a chick up if she was into that sort of thing,

I did date a chick sson after I got divorced that like to get spanked with a belt, the harder I swung the hornier she got, but she was into biting too, you know that old saying, its only kinky the first time, and just good healthy fun thereafter, well biting ain't that, that shit hurts, and leaves a mark a hicky'd be proud of, she did like the nasty stuff though,

as for a mans wife leaving him for another woman, then he needs to realize women leave men all the the time for other men, so it don't mean nothing if she leaves for a woman,

if it does, then what the dude is feeling is a his pride and ego burning down and those don't mean shit when it comes to a woman thats left him, he needs to get over it, cause theres plenty of other beutiful, desparate and horny women out there looking for a good man,

dude just needs to do like I do and set their sights low, really low, I got mine set just south of gross and this side of extreamly filthy nasty, like I always say a picky man don't ever get laid,

and I'm occassionaly astonished when I do hook up with a decent chick, course it hasn't lasted over a year in a while, mostly cause I ain't worth a damn, lazy and selfish,

but hell, I have my fun in the time I spent with them, and even get a little rebound lovin from them sometimes,

yep, every chick I've even known had a little lesbian in them from time to time.

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 3:29:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

LOL

Dan
   I don't guess i ever mentioned my first wife was BI.......... so i doubt your going to teach me much in this area.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:43:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I stand corrected, before I posted the message I should have checked my facts instead of believing what others told me.
Please see the following link:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/target.asp
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:50:54 PM EDT
[#12]
One thing you will learn from experience, 99% of that crap that gets passed around is total BS, the very first thing I do when I see something like that is to go to Snopes and some other sites, it is really rare for something like this to have any truth to it at all.

Link made hot: www.snopes.com/politics/military/target.asp
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top