Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/1/2005 9:27:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/1/2005 9:29:22 PM EDT by svtfast]
Maybe I am missing something big but I am tired of hearing all about NO.

I love WA and I miss it dearly. I am coming home on leave in October from Iraq and all I want to do is relax and have a little fun. Gas prices dont faze me cause it is $5 a gallon where I am stationed in Germany.

I know that there are other things going on in the world besides NO, get the damn army in there, shoto and kill the looters and anyone else who is breaking the law and all will be ok.

Stay safe everyone, call me if ya need some air support, I have a few friends in the AF here in BIAP

Edited cause I cannot type.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:40:51 PM EDT
Hate to tell have to tell you but after the last election the future for washtington state doesnt look much better.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:41:22 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:51:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/1/2005 9:54:41 PM EDT by Matt45]
I've got to agree, the whine level on CNN is reaching pathetic. (Sorry if this is a hi-jack, but I'm gonna get this off my chest, and be done with it.)

"We don't have water, fuel, gas, or food."
"The Army should have been here before this."
"No one is helping us"
"Where is the Gubbermint?"
"Doesn't the Gubbermint care?"

"Don't send in the Nat'l Guard" guy was my favorite. He claimed to be former military, but was coming from the position that if the Nat'l Guard was sent in, that, "Deese mens runnin' round here wit guns is young mens. Who knows what they'd do, know what the Army'd do? I do. They got guns, and deese young mens is jis tryin' to survive". PUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLEZE, my man. They are called looters, looters are shot on sight. Don't want to get shot? Don't loot.

(BTW, the Chief of the NGB is even saying he didn't expect this to be a disaster of this proportion.)

Forget the fact that they had 4 days to evac, advance notice, MADE A CHOICE to live below sea level, next to a lake with an earthen berm, ect, ect. They're shooting at choppers, hospitals, cops, (anyone else with a uniform on for that matter from the sounds of things).

I know not everyone could take advantage to evacuate, but how many did and didn't take it?

svt- I don't know how much you're getting, and from how many sources, but it Mogadishu East right now, or simply Baghdad plus 13' of water.
It's a shitty situation, and I'm volunteering to mobilize and go either with my unit or as an individual augmentee (Since THIS is without a hesitation or doubt what the 'Guard should be doing) but I'm not sure how much shit I'm going to be able to take from a fellow Citizen I'm trying to help.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:58:04 PM EDT
Thanks for being there for us. IM me your address and you'll get a care package. Hang in there! Patty
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:21:17 AM EDT

shoto and kill the looters and anyone else who is breaking the law and all will be ok.

Hey!!! Sometimes I don't use my turn signals.....geeze.....
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:16:49 AM EDT
SVTFAST,
Where on BIAP are you? I am heading down to Camp Victory the day after tomorrow to get some EOD robots fixed.
Semper Fi,
BJohnson
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:29:16 AM EDT
svtfast

Come home safe in October! We all appreciate your service. As for New Orleans and the Hurricane aftermath, what sickens me is the Seattle Newspaper editorials and letter submittals.
People are ACTUALLY BLAMING BUSH FOR THE HURRICANE!! This town is full of liberal idiots.
Jesus Christ, with the venom the left wing spews you would think they believe Bush should have STOPPED the Hurricane from coming. Whats he gonna do next? Part the water for people and let them walk on it? Western Washington is one SAD place to live in regard to peoples "beliefs"
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:32:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 1GunnerHogan1:
svtfast

Come home safe in October! We all appreciate your service. As for New Orleans and the Hurricane aftermath, what sickens me is the Seattle Newspaper editorials and letter submittals.
People are ACTUALLY BLAMING BUSH FOR THE HURRICANE!! This town is full of liberal idiots.
Jesus Christ, with the venom the left wing spews you would think they believe Bush should have STOPPED the Hurricane from coming. Whats he gonna do next? Part the water for people and let them walk on it? Western Washington is one SAD place to live in regard to peoples "beliefs"

I don't understand...how is it Bush's fault? I didn't think he was a diety or anything. Last time I checked nature was the one who created hurricanes. Makes no sense to me.

It is sad to see the aftermath of a natural disaster, but the only thing to do now, is help clean it up and get rid of the people who are making it worse (eg looters).
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:01:20 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 1GunnerHogan1:
svtfast

I don't know about what is being said in Seattle papers, but here (nj) they are blaming Bush for not releasing the oil reserves sooner, not approving disaster relief money quick enough, and not sending in the troops quick enough.

Personally I think things were done in a fairly timely manner. But I haven't been watching the news that much lately, so I'm not much of an authority.

I'm boycotting the news right now because the reporters are interviewing ppl, getting their stories about how they watched their families are dead and they watched their son be ripped away in the storm... Hearing this stuff really upsets me and I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but I just can't watch it over and over again. Sort of like 9-11, after a while I just couldn't watch it.
Top Top