Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2003 5:50:27 PM EDT
because they never fucking work! and its allways the uppers fault. have any of you guys got to play with these things, they jam,missfeed, fall out of battery, ejection problems and get very dirty very fast. there just like women.
the damn things are so picky on every thing it kinda embarresing when your at the range, you have a crowd around you and you let the thing rip, well it jams and you look like a dumbass( i dont want any smart comment beerjager) as your fumbling trying to get the blasted thing running again.
well now that i said that im feeling better.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 6:05:53 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
because they never fucking work! and its allways the uppers fault. have any of you guys got to play with these things, they jam,missfeed, fall out of battery, ejection problems and get very dirty very fast. there just like women.
the damn things are so picky on every thing it kinda embarresing when your at the range, you have a crowd around you and you let the thing rip, well it jams and you look like a dumbass( i dont want any smart comment beerjager) as your fumbling trying to get the blasted thing running again.
well now that i said that im feeling better.

Beerjager would NEVER be considered a Smart-A$$, would he?  That's just not the guy I know...    
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 6:23:28 PM EDT
[#2]
1:  Don't store it in the dirt next time.

2:  Sell off all your defective magazines which are causing almost all of the jams, and use only good USGI mags with fresh springs, green followers, and no shell damage.

Then you won't have reason to bitch.

I haven't had a jam in several thousand rounds since I ID's my defective mags in my stash and moved them on.

CJ

Link Posted: 9/5/2003 6:46:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Must be one of LarryG36's friends
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 7:35:49 PM EDT
[#4]
damn are we just that cooo that people from other states come and visit the mn forum.

no im not a friend of larry but like his style.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 7:39:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Are you a LEO that you get to have M16's in MN? or do you have a C&R with an Armalite M16?
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 7:41:16 PM EDT
[#6]
no im telling you its the uppers, i have tried all kinds of mags and thats not it, 7.5 barrel if you shoot 80+ the chamber gets to dirty and wond exract right, 11.5 has to be a full stock and will still piss me off and is moody like a woman, i havnt tried longer barrels but am going to at the princton mg shoot.

Link Posted: 9/5/2003 7:42:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I am a ffl 07/ SOT 02
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 7:45:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 8:12:21 PM EDT
[#9]
you are 100% correct there. almost all machineguns are so finiky.  What I like about the m16 is the vesitility. I just wish all everything woked better together.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 8:54:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I still had fun at A/F today
The mags were perfect, so was the ammo
Thanks Again DSS
what did you think of that Kimber?
that damn thing shoots better than an H-K USP
I just need to get more magazines for it

Dan
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 4:59:43 AM EDT
[#11]
oh, i liked it alot(thanks now i have to order one).exept for the ruffness of the trigger. i got the m-16 open and there was nothing jammed. i dont know what gives
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 6:16:27 AM EDT
[#12]
When I was having problems with that 16" I think mine did something close to that. I had a spent casing get stuck inbetween the bolt and the upper housing, after I got the spent casing out  i kept on rapping the buttstock with a rubber mallet. pissed me off
I think I found a new trigger set up for that too, being a sheetmetal worker, I hate coming in contact with raw aluminum,I noticed the gray on the finger,  and I have heard to many  bad stories about raw aluminum
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 6:17:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Aren't most of the "true" M-16's around very old?  Wouldn't wear and tear from 1000's of rounds amplify jamming problems?  

I'm asking because I don't know.  I've never even seen a full auto M16 do its business in person. I've just heard that most automatics in the US in civilian hands were quite old.  No?
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 7:30:04 PM EDT
[#14]
It would take an unusual amount of wear to significantly reduce the reliability of most firearms.

To a certain point, wear is good.  It allows the mechanism to operate with less effort as the high spots get rubbed off.   But, too much wear causes parts not to fit together properly, and that's where trouble begins.

Speaking of the M16 only, the "valuable part" is the lower receiver itself, and in normal use, the only parts of it that are in any danger of wearing out are the takedown pin holes and the fire control group pin holes, and bushings can be installed in them if they're worn too far, and the bushings are replaceable.  Plus you can get anti-rotation fire control group pins, thereby removing that source of wear as the pins don't spin.  They're linked together with an external strap.

CJ
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 12:04:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 10:03:45 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm not going to say anything.
It would be almost to easy.

Link Posted: 9/9/2003 3:38:18 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I've seen Stens jam. and UZIs. and MACs. and FALs. and M14s. and HKs. and yes, even AKs.

There are weak links in the AR15/M16 gas system, true. There are weak links in all systems. There is no perfect rifle/machine gun.

You've hadn't tasted real fun until you try and unjamb a M60.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top