Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2008 8:52:33 AM EST
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 8:57:13 AM EST
My sister has had it off and on for about 6 weeks now.

I haven't been sick for over a year
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 9:07:47 AM EST
After having the sniffles for three weeks I went to go see a physician assistant (the doctor was out) and she said it was an allergy. She gave me a free sample of Nasonex (a nose spray) and it cleared it up.
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 9:16:14 AM EST
I had it a few weeks ago -- my lower back hurt, my joints ached, and I had a fever. After a day or two the pain subsided, but I still had a fever and then developed a cough that wouldn't go away. I had to see a doctor and get codeine-laced cough syrup. I still have a lingering cough.

A lot of people at work seemed to have it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 9:19:02 AM EST

Originally Posted By zougou:
I had it a few weeks ago -- my lower back hurt, my joints ached, and I had a fever. After a day or two the pain subsided, but I still had a fever and then developed a cough that wouldn't go away. I had to see a doctor and get codeine-laced cough syrup. I still have a lingering cough.

What did your doc say about the cough?

Only reason I ask is cause my wife seems to have the same thing, even though she caught it from me.
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 9:24:52 AM EST

Originally Posted By Conju:

Only reason I ask is cause my wife seems to have the same thing, even though she caught it from me.

He warned me that it could turn into pneumonia -- I don't have that 'cuz my fever went away. If you spike a high temp, then it could be a problem.

Of course, this is the same doc I saw a few years back when I had a fever that lasted a week and I was dizzy and I saw him for 5 minutes and he told me it could be meningitis and to check back with him.
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 9:49:04 AM EST

Originally Posted By Conju:

He warned me that it could turn into pneumonia -- I don't have that 'cuz my fever went away. If you spike a high temp, then it could be a problem.

Of course, this is the same doc I saw a few years back when I had a fever that lasted a week and I was dizzy and I saw him for 5 minutes and he told me it could be meningitis and to check back with him.

I have had the same thing but mine has hung around basically since Thanksgiving. Ill get sick feel a little better for 3 or 4 weeks and get sick again. The last time it got in my chest and has caused a lot of coughing, tightness and some pain in my chest. They ended up giving me QVAR and Albuterol to help with it. It has helped some but I am still not feeling well yet.
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 10:03:39 AM EST
/\ The GF has that right now.
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 12:31:38 PM EST
Yeah it's been bad alright.

All four of my kids had it. The 3, 4 and 8 year old were the worst. Soaring fevers, barf-o-rama, coughing through the night. The baby didn't do so bad. My wife and I were able to dodge it so far thankfully.

I thought I was getting it many times. I would drink about a gallon of water, eat a grapefruit and go for a hard run. Afterwards I seemed to always feel like crap but never got the flu.

Hope you all get well.
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 4:37:41 PM EST
Got Kids?
They have a steep price- I was never sick so often in my life as when my son was in K thru 3rd grade. Now at 13 he never brings shit home....
except so-so grades and a boatload of homework.
Life is better
Link Posted: 3/11/2008 9:51:57 PM EST
I've been real sick for about a week now. All the above symptoms and feeling totally drained, no energy.

Feelin much better yesterday, so I got out and mowed the lawn. Big mistake. Lawn looks nice, but I'm back down most of today.

I'll be back at work tomorrow, but I guess about half the people in our office are down and out. Got an e-mail from the boss today telling us not to come in if were sick.
Link Posted: 3/12/2008 6:10:28 AM EST

Originally Posted By ch139:
I've been real sick for about a week now. All the above symptoms and feeling totally drained, no energy.

Feelin much better yesterday, so I got out and mowed the lawn. Big mistake. Lawn looks nice, but I'm back down most of today.

I'll be back at work tomorrow, but I guess about half the people in our office are down and out. Got an e-mail from the boss today telling us not to come in if were sick.

Yeah a financial planner friend calls that the "Dead Cat Bounce"

If dropped from high enough even a dead cat can bounce. I kinda like the word picture.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 9:23:03 PM EST
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 9:25:23 PM EST
RIP PETA
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 10:58:08 AM EST
[Last Edit: 4/17/2008 10:58:08 AM EST by CockedandLocked]
revival of dead thread
Top Top