Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2014 8:57:45 AM EDT
Anyone interested if I do this?

I see other states have them and even NYC has one, I was thinking of starting something like @FoundAmmoInNY

It would be open for anyone to follow (easily done on iphone or android these days) and anytime anyone hits a store that sells(or doesn't sell) ammo, you can post to it stating what you found and where, prices too if your so inclined.

That way, people can just follow the channel and find out where the ammo is at.

Thoughts?

Think its too big an area to be effective?  We could zone it down, (alb, syr, roc, etc).

Additionally, this thing may die when the background checks start, but for the time being.....

Link Posted: 1/28/2014 2:59:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Other than 22, who is having problems finding ammo now?
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:56:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Had to run to Hennrietta last weekend and stoped at Gander Mountain for the fuck of it.   They had tons of inventory for almost every single caliber (clerk said that had 22 in stock up until about noon.). Expensive but ammo was stocked deep.  Picked up a few boxes of Federal M193 for $11 box which is not that bad in today's environment considering you're not paying for shipping.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 5:55:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd follow. If other states have them, I'm sure they work.
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 8:17:32 AM EDT
[#4]
You're only making things worse.
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 8:33:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't fuel the neck beards with nothing better to do.

There are still people just driving around looking for ammo because they are on unemployment and bored.

Link Posted: 1/29/2014 8:40:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I've stopped going to Gander for ammo.  Mostly too expensive.  I hit the Walmarts in Canandaigua, Newark & Geneva, and sometimes Seneca Falls.  And, of course, Beikirch's.

I don't find myself wanting to buy too much more, after I've gone thru and canned up what I've been slowly buying over the past few months.  I'll get the occasional tula commie caliber once in a while, tho.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top