Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2005 1:33:30 PM EDT
jerrys gun exchange.... worst service and worst attitude i've experienced in a long time. i will never set foot in that place again.  thankfully diamondback is just up the road and shane and terry were awesome to deal with very knowledable and very professional.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 1:46:57 PM EDT
[#1]
That is interesting - I went in there and the guy is sorta old and grumpy, but had some really unique interesting firearms and once he realized I wasn't an asshole he treated me excellently.

I've heard more than one person complain about him on here though.  It makes me wonder if you guys are swaggering in there with drop holsters and a attitude or something?

(Not to say that you did that)
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:04:50 PM EDT
[#2]
that guy really is a grumpy old son of a bitch, he's right up there with the guy that runs the pima pistol club.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:54:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I went in there a while back. I wanted to buy some mags which were on the counter. Jerry was talking to some of his 'friends' and would not even look up to say "I'll be with you ina minute". After waiting I put the mags on the counter, pulled out a $100 bill and waved it at him. He ignored me. I put the money back in my pocket and left. A few months ago someone called him the "piss in your Wheaties". I will vouch for that. Charles the Gunsmith.              Absolutely great onion rings and burgers too!!!
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:18:30 PM EDT
[#4]
As near as I can tell, he runs the shop to have a place to escape the wife and chat with his buddies.  Certainly he is not htere to do business; the experiences described by the others in this thread I have witnessed or experienced personally.

However, there is a Whataburger next door with really good onion rings...  
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:28:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I didn't even have to open this thread to know who you were posting about.
He's a angry, condescending old fucker who has no business owning a retail store.
He IS the living stereotype of the jackass gun dealer.
He must own that place and the inventory because he does little or no business.  

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:54:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
and once he realized I wasn't an asshole he treated me excellently.

You waited that long? I expect to be treated with great service the moment I walk in.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:19:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Jerry likes me.

When I am in town, I hang out in his shop, smoke, drink coffee and monopolize his time.  

He's an old coot, but once you get to know him...well, he's still an old coot.

Sheep
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:48:02 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Jerry likes me.

When I am in town, I hang out in his shop, smoke, drink coffee and monopolize his time.  

Sheep

No, he's just a plain old jackass.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:57:32 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Jerry likes me.

Sheep

So, you must be one of his buddies.  

Others need not darken his doorstep.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:01:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I've had the same experience and a couple months ago I needed a box of shells real quick.  I stepped in thinking maybe I just caught the guy at a bad time before.  Nope, he's a jerk.  Why is it that gun shops either seem to be a place for the guy behind the counter to hang out with his buddies or a corporate shop with no concept of what real gun owners want?  
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:30:00 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I've had the same experience and a couple months ago I needed a box of shells real quick.  I stepped in thinking maybe I just caught the guy at a bad time before.  Nope, he's a jerk.  Why is it that gun shops either seem to be a place for the guy behind the counter to hang out with his buddies or a corporate shop with no concept of what real gun owners want?  

Go to Murphy's.  Good guys.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:58:23 AM EDT
[#12]
never been there ! what exactly does he have in stock ?? i was told once he has the best price on bluk powder & other reloading components.., whats the address of the shop ???
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:17:43 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
that guy really is a grumpy old son of a bitch, he's right up there with the guy that runs the pima pistol club.

i have tried to be nice to that grummpy old fucker jerry but it doen't matter to him. he likes being htat way and just cuz someone is old doesn't mean they are supposed to be that way. i'm fairly sure he was a huge asshole in his younger days as well.

as for the grummy old man at pima pistol club, his name "was"  Gem.  last week he packed his shit and moved out to NOLA to help the refugees of katrina. pima pistol club can once again be a place i can shoot.

gem did have a decent side a few years back but the last year he lost his mind or something. old age i guess.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:25:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Just because of this thread I went into Jerry's yesterday.

Got treated fine....
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:28:05 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i have tried to be nice to that grummpy old fucker jerry but it doen't matter to him. he likes being htat way and just cuz someone is old doesn't mean they are supposed to be that way. i'm fairly sure he was a huge asshole in his younger days as well.

as for the grummy old man at pima pistol club, his name "was"  Gem.  last week he packed his shit and moved out to NOLA to help the refugees of katrina. pima pistol club can once again be a place i can shoot.

gem did have a decent side a few years back but the last year he lost his mind or something. old age i guess.

That's a dick thing to do, to go help people.

What an asshole.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:19:44 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Just because of this thread I went into Jerry's yesterday.

Got treated fine....

WoW......maybe he's changed.....maybe he's a nice guy now......Maybe 99.9% of us were wrong about him......
Every time I drive by there (daily) or sit next door at Whataburger enjoying better service than his at a fast food joint, I laugh as no one other than the Jim Click employees park in his lot.

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 12:13:45 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's a dick thing to do, to go help people.

What an asshole.

here's a thought for ya,

altruism does not make one a good person. sometimes people are altruistic just to make up for their short comings or thier shity personality.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top