Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/9/2004 1:10:04 PM EST
theres only 1 gunsmith in town that isnt out of a dealers closet or advertises gunsmithing and if you take a quick look into their back room theres no machinery. im saying this because we are so lucky here in southern nevada to have a gunsmith that was instructor at the gunsmithing school in colorado and has the ablitity and does make new parts for guns that have been out of circulation for years. of course im talking about "DENNIS" owner and operator "AA GUNSMITHING" on industrial and hes been there for years. hes had numorous contracts with metro to service weapons and on many occasions he has manufactured parts sold through Brownell's. he repairs guns that i would tell an individual to throw in the garbage, old and new.

hes the only gunsmith in town that does refinishing, ie bluing, parkerizing, nickel plating, gold plating, and soon he will be doing anodizing. he can fabricate a broken part if none of the parts companies offer it anymore, hes an expert machinest, obviously, in his shop on industrial which IS open to the public, he has the refinishing rooms, buffing rooms, welding, he has 2 lathes and 2 mills, and various other small machinery, what you need done or fixed he can do.

to back up my statement about the only gunsmith in town theres been many times that i have been there working that i have seen guns with work tabs on them from CCS that tells you something about their ability, like i said theres only 1 shop in town that does it all under 1 roof and in a timely fashion. ived seen him repair old colt navy revolvers by making parts for them, to repairing the threading on the receiver of a mp5sd where the silencer screws on. and plus hes a great guy and hes spoiled me. the 4 years ive been here, i still havent hooked up my lathe because i use his at his shop when i do my barrels and gun repair.

and yes i am biased because dennis is also a fellow christian brother and a perfectionist like myself. i would give anything if he closed his doors and moved in with me and all we would do is make parts surpressors and machine guns.

again all because a place says that they are a gunsmith at the end of the day see where they actually take the guns to and youll be surprised.

hes the best. stop on by sometime and check it out for yourself.

AA GUNSMITHING
1929 Western Ave.
Las Vegas, Nevada 89102
702- 471-7441

THERES NO REASON ANY GUN WORK NEEDS TO GO OUT OF TOWN THATS JUST CRAZY, WHEN WE HAVE A SKILLED GUNSMITH IN TOWN.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:20:45 PM EST
ahhhh yes....... a jew/christian gunsmith....im sold!!

better not mess up my babies dennis.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:04:19 PM EST
Good info. I want to refinish my Sig 226 in nickel. Any idea what that would run me Larry?

ARin does that offer still stand on refinishing my AR....I'm just a refinshing fool.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:39:45 PM EST
Absolutely.

Just break her down and have the parts you want sprayed ready to do...give em a good scrubbing with acetone to degrease them...so all we have to do is give them a wipe down to touch them up, warm them up, and spray them down.

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:40:46 PM EST
larry, i have called, and been by AA Gunsmithing multiple times trying to get my fn-fal finished. Everytime i go there, there is a sign saying they will be back at 1, and its already 4.

when i call, i leave a message with phone number, but i get nothing in return. what gives???
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:07:04 PM EST
Same here....kinda hard to get ahold of someone over there...
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:07:43 PM EST
Ok Guys I am at the shop most of the time at like 2:am.
I have per Larrys request decided to be at the shop like
a real person. Here will be the hours
10 am. to 11:30 am. lunch to 1:30 pm. and will close 6 pm
Mondays thru Friday and will forward store phone to cell during
lunch. Thank you for all the business in the past I have been feeling
stronger so lets give it a try
Dennis
A.A. Gunsmithing
1929 Western Ave.
Las Vegas Nv. 89102
(702) 471-7441
WEB aagunsmithing.com
E-mail gunfixer@aagunsmithing.com
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:20:43 PM EST
To due a sig in electroless nickle is $150.oo or less if I like you Ha Ha
Was the job ok for you ARin? I know the price was right anyway.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:53:53 PM EST
to tell you the truth dennis, you did a great job on the threads...but i should have romoved my barrel for you, instead of giving you the whole gun....

I took a lot of pride building it, and refinishing it....but i can understand the scuffs here and there on the rifle...

BUT, i am contacting YHM about getting a new locking ring for my free float tube, because it looks like you tightened it with a hammer and a chisel....or maybe an alligator.

And that made me just realize that im a PUSSY about my rifle....the peening on that ring and the scuffs are drving me nuts.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:56:26 AM EST
Thanks Dennis, I'll be in sometime this week with my sig.

sheesh, ARin...do you tuck it in at night and tell it bed time story. J/K
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:53:40 PM EST
I tell ya what though, the job he did on my Ruger 22 bull barrel is seamless....Looks like its supposed to be that way.

too cool.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:32:27 PM EST
Just a side note, Dennis called me today offering to buy me a new locking ring, saying that he wanted me to be 150% happy with the work he had done...I declined, as the piece is relatively inexpensive...

It was very nice of him to offer, and thats all you can ask!!

150% satisfied i am.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:50:21 PM EST
Hi Dennis,

Have you ever cut and threaded a Bushmaster M17s barrel?

thanks,
Ron
Top Top