Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2006 3:45:32 PM EDT
well several of you know i have a little junker mobile gas save car it has saved me a shitload of money in gas....... but it's always something breaking on this bastard.......

today was no exception actually worked my ass off today go to leave work car runs for a block then caput fucker dies ..... no bigie i thinks it's a junker ...  so i pop it in nuetral hit the key rnrnrnr...rjrjnrnr....rrnnrnrnrnrrrnnn...... don't want to turn over

so i push the mohter fucker back to the paking lot .... thank god it's light

call my boss get him to give me a ride halfway home where i catch another ride.....
...... to the house ..... mix drink of whiskey & coke and reflect

i've come to the conclusion junker cars suck........... but wtf i hate making payments ...... it interferes with my FO money my huntin money and my ammo money wtf is guy suposed to do.......

i'lll update as the junker turns tommorow if i don't burn it in place
Link Posted: 10/23/2006 3:47:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/23/2006 4:52:07 PM EDT
[#2]
How much will you give me to haul it off?
Link Posted: 10/23/2006 4:59:24 PM EDT
[#3]
it's not a geo metro is it? i could always use it as a parts car.....
Link Posted: 10/23/2006 5:23:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
it's not a geo metro is it? i could always use it as a parts car.....

nnaaaa it's like a chevy corsica iirc ...... gets like 26 mpg     compared to the 12 the 3/4 ton 4x4 and the 13 the 1/2 ton 4x4 gets ....

it was saving me 100 a week now with gas down to 2.00 it probably only saves me 70 or so......

if it's dead or beyond what i'm willing to invest i'll just wait and haul it to my property and use it as a shoot car

the bitch of it is trying to find another 500. car that will last 2yrs without investing much money over the 2yrs

i would only have 750 in this one if i hadnt hit the log that cost me almost 6 iirc so it cost me 1350. to save me over 7280. over the last 2yrs
Link Posted: 10/23/2006 7:26:42 PM EDT
[#5]
buy a motor cycle man, it'll save you even more, rode mine today, it was cold, but hell it wasn't as cold as I've ever ridden in,

I gotta get me a fullface lid and it'll make it a bit more tolerable.
Link Posted: 10/23/2006 7:38:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
buy a motor cycle man, it'll save you even more, rode mine today, it was cold, but hell it wasn't as cold as I've ever ridden in,

I gotta get me a fullface lid and it'll make it a bit more tolerable.

I've still got my lid and my jacket........ my problem is laying them fuckers down

I'm so old now i'm afraid i'd break if i hit the pavement again

Besides unless i buy a junker bike id be stuck making payments....

I cant stand making payments   i've been enjoying life debt free i just  don't want to go back into debt

If i could find a really kick ass 4x4 that gets 26mpg i might "consider" it ...... really depends on what rung with my junker when i check it out manyana if it's somethig under 500 i'll fix it and roll the dice but if not i gota go to shoping
Link Posted: 10/23/2006 8:07:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got the same luck with bikes, I've laid every bike I ever owned down, even some that I didn't own, been hurt bad three times when they rode me, and many more less serious woundings,

but damn man, I still like'm, I ride like an old woman fucks, but hell I've ate dust twice on my present bike, they were low speed tumbles on sand and dirt, but I got bruised up just the same.

Link Posted: 10/27/2006 7:10:56 PM EDT
[#8]
well my little POS is dead

I've had the itch for a jeep for a while so i went looking...... last chance at the inline 6 the O7's got the v6 in them ......... shit i cant make myself make that payment i tried to buy one but just couldn't make myself sighn....

i may buy my old lady a new car and take my ford back..... it's the cat's ass

i'm looking for another junker but no luck yet

I tell you what man you'd think that used jeep wranglers were made of gold...... 6k for one with 200k miles on it  wtf thats a 12-1500 dlr rig at best imo......... or 14k for one with 100k miles hell you can buy a new one for 20k ....

I tell you what i don't know how people who buy a new vehicle every yr or two do it...... i cant stand dealing with those bastards.....

I tell the guy tell me your bottom dollar if i can buy it i will........ he says what you want your payment to be....... i say it don't fucking matter tell me your bottom dollar if its the right price i'll buy it......he says we want to get all we can ...i say again give me your bottom dollar.... he says drive it again....... i say is me driving it again going to lower the damn price i already know i want the fucker just tell me the price....... he says tell me what you want your payment to be... i say good luck you fucking moron and get in the truck........

WTF is so hard about giving a price.......i just don't get it....... i was ready to choke the shit out of the guy
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 7:24:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I only deal with the salesman, until it comes time to talk about money, the I just tell them I want to talk to the sales mgr, he gets paid by how many sell per week, and he'll be the one that has to OK any deal anyway, so it saves times dealing directly with him,

if the salesman don't want to go get him, then walk out, theres plenty of other car lots that want to sell vehicles to argue with any of them.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 7:35:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I only deal with the salesman, until it comes time to talk about money, the I just tell them I want to talk to the sales mgr, he gets paid by how many sell per week, and he'll be the one that has to OK any deal anyway, so it saves times dealing directly with him,

if the salesman don't want to go get him, then walk out, theres plenty of other car lots that want to sell vehicles to argue with any of them.

he brought the damn sales mgr outside to me for this conversation

i don't know how the hell people do it man those guys make me want to commit a felony
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 7:39:32 PM EDT
[#11]
well shit, man those dudes must sold they're quota for the month already, hit'em again in the second week of the month.

better yet, just go to a different dealer.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 7:48:26 PM EDT
[#12]
they told me they needed to sell 40 more by tuesday......... i didn't say it but i was thinking no fucking wonder ...... maybee i'm crazy but i'd think at least 1/3 the people that come in their want a damn price and i can promise you it's damn near imposible to get one...... i couldn't in 2hrs 8 minutes i was their........

going to another dealer might be easy up in your area but i gotta drive 40 miles or so to get to another jeep dealer....... and after that one last night i don't know if i can take the hassle i'm not mentally stable enough to keep from loosing it

i swear last night at some point while the SM was out their i said WTF do i gotta do to find out the bottom dollar...... i got what you want your payment to be
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 9:33:11 PM EDT
[#13]
man you need to make a trip up this way, theres a jeep for sale on nearly every corner,

get a copy of the oklahoman and look in the want ads,

I looked at a early 90s jeep wrangler soft top earlier this summer in south okc, the top needed replacing and the tires were slick but that don't mean nothing to me, most of mine usally have belts showing and flat before I replace them,

had 140k on it, but it looked, ran and drove fine, didn't look like it'd ever been off road, they wanted 3k for it, but said they'd take a little less, I couldn't raise the dough before it sold,

lots of dealerships got them too, the bigger ones are able to deal more, but good deals can be found at the smaller ones too.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 8:40:54 AM EDT
[#14]
You should see my junker car, I drive it to work every day to a Fed Prison (it drives my Bosses and Girlfriend nuts)...a 1989 Honda Civic Station wagon, probably fifty dents in it, a huge "High Voltage" sticker on the pasenger side and a sheet of aluminum riveted over a broken rear door window on the drivers side. Oh and I forgot the rubber molding around the windshield flaps against the roof at speed. It has come to be known as the "Puff and Scoot" here at work...and it ROCKS !!!! Buy a cheap honda and save your money, this thing makes me money every time I start it and I can work on it myself (brake job cost me 62 bucks for the front)...who cares what it looks like : )
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:08:40 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
You should see my junker car, I drive it to work every day to a Fed Prison (it drives my Bosses and Girlfriend nuts)...a 1989 Honda Civic Station wagon, probably fifty dents in it, a huge "High Voltage" sticker on the pasenger side and a sheet of aluminum riveted over a broken rear door window on the drivers side. Oh and I forgot the rubber molding around the windshield flaps against the roof at speed. It has come to be known as the "Puff and Scoot" here at work...and it ROCKS !!!! Buy a cheap honda and save your money, this thing makes me money every time I start it and I can work on it myself (brake job cost me 62 bucks for the front)...who cares what it looks like : )

I've actually been looking around at old used hondas cause i know a few people who've owned them and they ran a long time........ just no luck with what i want to pay for one .........  I gotta stay out of dealerships or i may wind up just sitting in a federal prison
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top