Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2003 5:01:45 AM EDT
I was going to put another micro-class together for Tigervalley north and was wondering when and what you guys wanted to do.  Team tactics and room clearing, moving and shooting, or low light tactics.  If we did the team tactics we would do it dry and concentrate on skills and at a later date add simunitions.   Moving and shooting or low light class is also an option.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 5:48:26 AM EDT
[#1]

For me, I vote for moving and shooting.  I think it's more real-life situ, and much harder to acquire. I notice as I moving when shooting, my group is getting larger.
 Room clearing/low light tactics is next, then Team tactics.
 It would be great if you can schedule on Sunday like 9:00AM/10:00AM to 3:00PM/4:00PM.

Thanks TJ
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 6:19:44 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I was going to put another micro-class together for Tigervalley north and was wondering when and what you guys wanted to do.  Team tactics and room clearing, moving and shooting, or low light tactics.  If we did the team tactics we would do it dry and concentrate on skills and at a later date add simunitions.   Moving and shooting or low light class is also an option.

I think it is a GREAT idea to set up a progression of classes.  This is exactly what I'm looking for....

I would be more than happy to show up early and help you set up.

Thanks for the offer,

Jeff
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 3:59:44 PM EDT
[#3]
If you guy want the classes to flow I think moving and shooting is the best to start with.  With what I saw from the low light class every one was shooting fairly well.  We can tune up before starting with some drills and suggestions on stance and grip.  We can add the timer and see where you are with the standards.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 5:03:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok, here is what *I* want.

Let me know if you can do this, and if otehrs would be interested in doing this too.

Role Play:  I am at my house.  Something goes *bump* outside(?)...maybe inside(?).  I need to investigate.

I can grab my pistol or my AR, or both.  I want to clear the house, clear the yard, the garage, the cars, storage buildings.  I want to even be able to clear the woods behind my place.

Can you teach me how to do that?

What if I volunteered my house as the training site?  I have a place we can cook the BBQ, serve cold beer (afterwards of course) and even a pistol and rifle range (small but it is 200 yards).

Is this something that can be done?  Using my AR for home defense is something that I need more training about.  I am sure others have a similar need for this type of training.

Using an actual house for clearing drills could be more educational.  No shooting, of course, but the skills would be there.  Realistic obstacles, kitchen cabinets, closets, etc.

Only issue would be weather.  Muddy tracks in/out of my house would make my wife go ninja tactical on me.

TRG
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:03:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Moving and Shooting sounds like a good class.  Just let me know when you want to get it going.  Will we need to bring the same as the last class.  @250rds, mag pouches, & cost of the class....

Prosise
[email protected]
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 8:28:04 PM EDT
[#6]
One vote here for team tactics. Only you have to be very comfortable with those you are working with....and I just read the rest of your post MADUCE ...LOL. Ok Team tactics and maybe some plinking at the end just for shits and giggles.

Otherwise, moving and shooting.

I'm in either way.

I've got gear on the way so.

Oh and if you guys don't have good gloves yet. Check out the Oakley Mn bike gloves. Frickin sweet!
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 9:16:05 PM EDT
[#7]
OK TJ, you know I want a repeat of the low light pistol class, since I decided to be responsible and fulfill my duties as Asst. Scoutmaster.........BUT............as it's too soon for a redo, I vote for the moving and shooting.  As far as what day of the week, I prefer Friday or Saturday.  Sunday is not an option, since I sing in our choir.  Keep us posted, please.  Just know we appreciate your skillful instruction.  
               Peace,
                  Dragonfire52
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 5:29:39 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

What if I volunteered my house as the training site?  

TRG

First, It's definitely NOT YOUR HOUSE!  Your lovely wife allows you to reside there.

Second, I only want to do it there IF I can shoot in the house.  

TJ, I would only want to do moving and shooting if we are again in low light.....otherwise, my vote would be room clearing and/or team tactics.

But, as I said earlier...I would like to see you take us through your skill progression.  Ultimately, I would like to work with simunitions (with you) down the line - whatever you think we need to get us to that level.

Thank you for continuing to work with us,

Jeff
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 6:06:01 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Ok, here is what *I* want.

Let me know if you can do this, and if otehrs would be interested in doing this too.

Role Play:  I am at my house.  Something goes *bump* outside(?)...maybe inside(?).  I need to investigate.

I can grab my pistol or my AR, or both.  I want to clear the house, clear the yard, the garage, the cars, storage buildings.  I want to even be able to clear the woods behind my place.

Can you teach me how to do that?

What if I volunteered my house as the training site?  I have a place we can cook the BBQ, serve cold beer (afterwards of course) and even a pistol and rifle range (small but it is 200 yards).

Is this something that can be done?  Using my AR for home defense is something that I need more training about.  I am sure others have a similar need for this type of training.

Using an actual house for clearing drills could be more educational.  No shooting, of course, but the skills would be there.  Realistic obstacles, kitchen cabinets, closets, etc.

Only issue would be weather.  Muddy tracks in/out of my house would make my wife go ninja tactical on me.

TRG

Hell yeah!
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 5:12:29 PM EDT
[#10]
The team tactics, both with the long gun and pistol have the same tactics just different retention issues.  If we do team tactics we will work dry and use two and four man teams.  Doing two person entry work is quite a challenge.  I can e-mail the hand signals to those who want to attend ahead of time so you can become familiar.  Once we have the basics down we can move to a place where we can use simunitions or paint balls.  They're are great for bag habits.  The speed used even in a dynamic is not faster then a fast walk.  A bunch of you guys did moving and shooting in Waco and did great.  Lets see how many are interested in team tactics and figure out a date good for all.  We can start doing micro classes on skills drills later.  We can break them down and handle a few ever other week for those who want.  Moving and shooting is one that we will cover during the skills drills.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 5:52:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The team tactics, both with the long gun and pistol have the same tactics just different retention issues.  If we do team tactics we will work dry and use two and four man teams.  Doing two person entry work is quite a challenge.  I can e-mail the hand signals to those who want to attend ahead of time so you can become familiar.  Once we have the basics down we can move to a place where we can use simunitions or paint balls.  They're are great for bag habits.  The speed used even in a dynamic is not faster then a fast walk.  A bunch of you guys did moving and shooting in Waco and did great.  Lets see how many are interested in team tactics and figure out a date good for all.  We can start doing micro classes on skills drills later.  We can break them down and handle a few ever other week for those who want.  Moving and shooting is one that we will cover during the skills drills.

Save a slot for me.

Jeff
(username has changed from Drjeffallen)
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 5:58:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Hey Maduce,

I agree with Jeff when he said "I would like to see you take us through your skill progression. Ultimately, I would like to work with simunitions (with you) down the line - whatever you think we need to get us to that level."

This all sounds good:    I would like to vote on fri-sun.  Anytime is ok for me as I can change my schedule.  If you will send me the hand signals I can brush up on them.  ALso,  if this is a multi part training are we going to need a head count minimum to get started..  And lastly,  will it be a one price for all classes or a fee per class...  

Prosise
[email protected]
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 7:01:22 PM EDT
[#13]
I want to keep the cost down as much as possible.  I think a per session price is best.  That way anyone can go as far and fast as they want and don't have to dump money up front.  If we can get 10 per class it would work great at $35.00.  I like to push even my best students to their limits, and challenge them with new tasks that stress the body and brain.  these skill drills can really push you for speed as well as accuracy.  

Once we get you the basics of team tactics you guys can work together using a bad guy to keep you honest.  You will learn very quickly that there are some hard and fast rules that you don't want to break if you want to survive a search.  It's not rocket science but its something that you have to work on and practice.  I like to compare it to a chess match.  You have to make the best moves you can with the least amont of exposure.  Most good teams spend alot of time doing both covert and dynamic entry practice.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 8:09:01 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm in! Dependent on date of course. Fridays work best for me and weekends of course.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 9:23:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Im In!   Will keep an eye on the thread to see when we start...

Brent Prosise
[email protected]
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 5:41:10 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I want to keep the cost down as much as possible.  I think a per session price is best.  That way anyone can go as far and fast as they want and don't have to dump money up front.  If we can get 10 per class it would work great at $35.00.  I like to push even my best students to their limits, and challenge them with new tasks that stress the body and brain.  these skill drills can really push you for speed as well as accuracy.  

Once we get you the basics of team tactics you guys can work together using a bad guy to keep you honest.  You will learn very quickly that there are some hard and fast rules that you don't want to break if you want to survive a search.  It's not rocket science but its something that you have to work on and practice.  I like to compare it to a chess match.  You have to make the best moves you can with the least amont of exposure.  Most good teams spend alot of time doing both covert and dynamic entry practice.

Sounds good, TJ.  I'm in depending on the day.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 7:34:38 AM EDT
[#17]
I am in.

TRG
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 10:25:27 PM EDT
[#18]
TJ, I'm in on the next class, whatever it is.  Send hand signals, please, if we need them for the upcoming class.  I'm very interested in moving/shooting skills coupled with the addition of stress inducement.  Let me know what, when, and where.  Friday is the best day for me with Saturday being second best.
                   Peace,
                     Dragonfire52
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 9:04:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Hey De_Professor..........I love your tag line.  Dragons are simply the best!!!  My life constantly intertwines with the dragon's life......and that's a good thing.  See you at the next micro class.
                 Peace,
                   Dragonfire52
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 9:46:48 PM EDT
[#20]
I think we should get togeather at the next hun farm and learn some kind of sweet swat tactics like in the movies and such. that would be soo cool.   low light, teams, all the above!!  wish i could make it to this class..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top