Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2006 6:51:51 PM EDT
Some shops will not mark pistol on form 4473 when you buy stripped ar lower. Are there any shops locally that you  know will?  Should I order one with pistol engraved into receiver?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:57:04 PM EDT
[#1]
IM Sully and see if he has any marked Superior Arms lowers. Also call GunStop in Mtka.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:09:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:13:54 PM EDT
[#3]
You could try Hart Brother's out of Albert Lea. I'm sure that Milan could hook you up.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:20:56 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Should I order one with pistol engraved into receiver?

If you are using a lower for a pistol it MUST be marked for a pistol.  If you do not and put a barrel under 16" on, it will be considered an SBR, and uncle same does not like to get jipped out of his $200 tax stamp.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:07:38 AM EDT
[#5]

If you are using a lower for a pistol it MUST be marked for a pistol.

You got a reference to that statement? Real pistols don't say "Pistol" on them. Why would a AR pistol be required to be marked.

The BATFE stance is, if it was never assembled as a rifle, it can be used to built into a pistol. Putting "pistol" or "receiver" on the 4473 is enough paperwork trail to show it wasn't sold as a rifle.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:34:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I think there are enough people to vouch on here that you are better safe than sorry.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:09:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:06:29 PM EDT
[#8]
See the pistol FAQ. It looks like the lower just needs to be transferred to you as a pistol. I didn't confirm this with ATF but it is consistant with what I've heard in the past.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:29:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Goblue who is Sully with Superior Arms lower?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:32:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Goblue who is Sully with Superior Arms lower?

He's probably referring to Sully with Defensive Edge.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top