Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2009 3:15:32 PM EDT
Went into sportsmans in Silverdale, my gift card hot in hand! loaded my basket up with some .22lr ammo and 12 gauge and some pigeons (literally my only options), went to the cash register and the lady there told me they got bought out and stopped honoring the cards months ago. . .BUT she told me it wasn't an issue because all I had to do was calll up their store in Oregon and they'd ship me any item that I could buy in the WA store!

Sooo Just spent a half hour getting the run-around on the phone, Oregon location, Colorado location, corporate, and the end result from corporate told me it wasn't their problem. . . . out of their control at this point and I should call the company that bought them out. .(Actually they didn't even phrase it that polite of a context!) . . . . Sooo I called UFA (the company that bought them out) and guess what!?!? they gave me the number of sportsmans corporate haha pretty darn thoughtful of them. . . figure since I have no more options at this point I'd rant a little . .. . I knew the sportsmans warehouse in Silverdale was bought out and is under new ownership, but it was my understanding that when a company is bought out the NEW owners of the company inherit all the debt of the previous, hence honor my freakin giftcard! (and I'm not a lawyer so this is probably wrong, just my understanding) hell at this point I guess I am wrong! but I feel it would have at least been good company policy.

I was told that the sportsman's in Oregon and Colorado would still honor the card, but I called them all up and none of them will ship ammo. . . they put my name on a list of the four others who have called with my same dilemma and told me the manager would call me back tom. I gotta admit the actual store locations were very curdious and pleasant to deal with (much more than their corporate) but yea still no ammo for my safe. .  and even if they would ship the ammo the S/H alone would probably cost more than my 60.00$ gift card is actually worth.

Either way think I'm SOL on this whole deal. . . prob at least in part my own fault for not spending these cards faster, hell wally-world has cheaper ammo anyways

thanks for listenin, Micah

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 4:45:45 PM EDT
[#1]
WOW! That just blows!

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 5:24:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Check with the AG's office.  There are specific laws on the books regarding gift cards, and they may be able to help you out.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 5:44:42 PM EDT
[#3]
In before Coltsfan tells you too STFU  
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:38:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Ring it up, hand them the card and walk out with your stuff.  If they tell you they don't accept the card because they have been bought out, tell them it isn't your problem.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:55:33 PM EDT
[#5]
the only oregon store that didnt get bought out is the medford store did you already call them they were still taking them last id heard
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 7:02:07 PM EDT
[#6]
musta missed all the Sportsman's warehouse going bye-bye threads...
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 7:27:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ring it up, hand them the card and walk out with your stuff.  If they tell you they don't accept the card because they have been bought out, tell them it isn't your problem.

As Loss Prevention arrests you for theft.

The fact that many stores bought by the new owner do not accept previously sold gift cards was discussed in the media when the sale occurred.  WA state law cannot force the new owner to honor the old cards when there is still a way to use them.  Find approximately $60 worth of stuff that you can order from the Medford store and call it good.

But do it before the Medford store gets bought.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 8:01:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
musta missed all the Sportsman's warehouse going bye-bye threads...

5-6 of them?
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 8:04:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

As Loss Prevention arrests you for theft.

The fact that many stores bought by the new owner do not accept previously sold gift cards was discussed in the media when the sale occurred.  WA state law cannot force the new owner to honor the old cards when there is still a way to use them.  Find approximately $60 worth of stuff that you can order from the Medford store and call it good.

But do it before the Medford store gets bought.  

yea unfortunately I agree. . . . too bad on the ammo part, I could really use some .22LR, bahh, miight as well order some socks lol, or if by some miracle they offer me free shipping I'd get 3 boxes of clays (guarantee they wouldn't arrive intact hah)
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 10:43:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
. I gotta admit the actual store locations were very curdious and pleasant to deal with (much more than their corporate) but yea still no ammo for my safe.

Whoa, they sell cheese there?  
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 12:50:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

God, I hope you are just being an ass.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:24:49 AM EDT
[#12]
The Silverdale store had a giant sign that said when the last day was they were accepting gift cards was.

Apparently you did get there sometime in the last 3-4 months?
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:32:49 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

STFU!
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:53:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
musta missed all the Sportsman's warehouse going bye-bye threads... and the signs they had on every entrance, and at the cash registers since the buyout was announced

fixt
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 10:22:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

STFU!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top