Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/16/2005 9:21:15 PM EDT
just what the title says

Just got back from texoma slayed the bstrds.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 2:44:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/17/2005 5:36:55 AM EDT by Ndenway]
so are we to assume that you caught a bunch of the big mouthed or stripe'd variety of bass-tards at the lake?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:56:19 AM EDT
stripe'd variety

I went on a 17 cast 17fish in the boat run to end the who was going to catch the most discusion....

When we got tired of reeling we drifted for cat's one of the guys I was fishing with caught a 11pndr
that was the only kittyfish we caught.

Between the 3 of us last night I know we landed over 90 striper shame it wasn't crapie or cats

But it's always fun to fish when their hitting like they were last night
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:44:25 AM EDT
man thats the kind of fishing I like to do, makes me feel like I'm Don Wallace, all you need now is somebody to clean and cook'em.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:57:21 AM EDT
So does that mean we are having a fish fry and beer before the bigfoot hunt?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:55:06 AM EDT

Originally Posted By danc46:
So does that mean we are having a fish fry and beer before the bigfoot hunt?

Not unless i get in the cat's like that My best friend and I give all the fish to the other dude he's survival fishing if you get my drift........

Striper=$hit fish but fun to catch
I'll eat if if I'm hungry but I hear they make better catfish bait than food.

If you never fished texoma before they stocked it with striper you cant understand why all the locals hate striper. It used to be a sandbass heaven which is a better tasten fish.

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 1:02:37 PM EDT
ACman, I remember fishing off of Roosevelt Bridge, at night, Coleman lantern hanging down within 10 ft or so of the water. We'd catch sandbass until we couldn't hardly raise our arms. Pulling even a dink up the 60 or so feet would almost make you cry, you would be so tired.
Ain't been that way since the mid to late 70's.
Yeah, stripers ruined some good fishing in that lake.
As far as catfishin', my little brother has the OK state record for catfish on rod and reel . I was the one that taught him how to catfish when we were young men. Now I can't even begin to think about catching up. He throws 50 lbs channel cat back almost every time he goes.
He ain't worth a damn at anything except catfishing!
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 1:59:48 PM EDT
Well...I guess it's OK to spank the fish...as long as you don't
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:53:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Wingman26:
Well...I guess it's OK to spank the fish...as long as you don't

I never could get the hang of it thats why i've been maried 3 times not to mention all the ones in between.
Top Top