Originally Posted By MedicOC:
Beautiful piece of work.

Yeah I know
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:39:20 AM EST
Bargain basement price So what was the bargain basement price
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 11:16:01 AM EST
Originally Posted By MOTO69JOE:

No cost other than transport and any alterations including repairs, upgrades, maintenance or other expenses. Since items remain federal property under the '1033 Program' the receiving agency never owns the equipment, and therefore can't sell or trade it. The '1033 Program' is aka Section 1033 of the National Defense
Authorization Act of 1996, formerly known as the 1208 Program.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 11:21:43 AM EST
Originally Posted By WGTactical:
Originally Posted By MOTO69JOE:

No cost other than transport and any alterations including repairs, upgrades, maintenance or other expenses. Since items remain federal property under the '1033 Program' the receiving agency never owns the equipment, and therefore can't sell or trade it. The '1033 Program' is aka Section 1033 of the National Defense
Authorization Act of 1996, formerly known as the 1208 Program.

Basically if the US Gov NEEDS that LAV back they could take it. ........I doubt the .gov would ever NEED it back though.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:12:02 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/2/2011 12:12:32 PM EST by WGTactical]
Originally Posted By kncook:

Basically if the US Gov NEEDS that LAV back they could take it. ........I doubt the .gov would ever NEED it back though.

Technically yes, but the purpose of 1033 is to let local agencies have use of certain equipment without having DoD surplus end up in public hands. Yes you paid for it, but you can't have access to it. However, you can just about have any foreign made equipment that you want...not a bad price for it either

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:20:07 PM EST
that pretty cool... I want.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:24:05 PM EST
Jolly good show man !
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:03:12 PM EST
It's nice to see it in real life too! Is the four wheeled vehicle your work as well?
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:16:09 PM EST
When did it become necessary for LEO to operate like a paramilitary unit..???

Have the good citizens of this fine country changed that much in the last 40 years to make this necessary?

WGA Tac I realise you probably make one hell of a fine living providing your services and to that I say good going however this is getting out out of hand or it's already out of hand in some counties.

TD
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:33:04 PM EST
Originally Posted By treedawg:

Have the good citizens of this fine country changed that much in the last 40 years to make this necessary?

WGA Tac I realise you probably make one hell of a fine living providing your services and to that I say good going however this is getting out out of hand or it's already out of hand in some counties.

TD

I don't know, I think it became necessary around oooohhh say 9/11/2001? The military can't legally operate in that sense on American soil and the FBI/DEA/ATF/etc/etc are really just around the major cities. Watch "Red State".. I would much rather have local police officers that actually live in my area having the ability to defend us then to count on the National Guard (no offense).
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:35:31 PM EST
in before the shitstorm
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:44:49 PM EST
What kind of torque does that thing have?

You guys ever take that thing in the mud?
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:45:12 PM EST
Originally Posted By Killjoy321:
in before the shitstorm

I just had a good laugh out of that!
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:10:22 PM EST
I knew it wouldn't take long for this thread to go south.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:44:02 PM EST

Originally Posted By Bradd_D:

True. But after watching the video, I'm slightly confused on why the hell they used it to bash in the door.

Was the guy with the battering ram sick that day?
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 2:49:33 AM EST

Me either...but I hear it's not healthy to keep stuff like that bottled up anyway

Originally Posted By Mutki:
after watching the video, I'm slightly confused on why the hell they used it to bash in the door.

There are a number of good reasons to put a piece of equipment in potential harms way instead of people. Although I’m not a cop, I have had the opportunity to be the bad guy while participating in SWAT training involving barricaded or ambush scenarios. Two things became painfully obvious…the bad guy always ends up outside (condition varies) and at least one of the entry folks ends up shot. Since these SWAT teams have trained and practiced this kind of thing many times, the probability of being hit is always on their minds. Although hindsight sometimes reveals the situation was little more than a empty house, these folks can’t necessarily train that way
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 4:32:43 AM EST
Originally Posted By treedawg:

TD

I almost put something like this in here yesterday but deleted it after typing it all out. People dont understand just how many freedoms we have lost because of the WOD, and just how militarized our police have become because of it. Our police officers have a looser ROE than our soldiers in a war zone. Shooting up an innocent in a botched no knock is a 3 day paid vacation when it should be years in prison.

True. But after watching the video, I'm slightly confused on why the hell they used it to bash in the door.

This brings me to my second point, "officer safety" has gotten out of control. These arent people who have been forced into a job thats dangerous, they are people who signed up for the job knowing full well just how dangerous it is. If you cant take the heat, dont sign up for job in a kitchen. If you blast a 12 year old with a squirt gun you need to get a little more punishment than a 3 day paid vacation. These are individuals we have trusted to uphold our laws yet they get tons of leeway at even the most bumbling mistakes. There is no reason to storm a house if there is a high likelihood of someone getting shot in the process, cut off all utilities, shoot in a few tear gas grenades, and wait for the newb to come to you. If you want to play door kicker than sign up for the infantry.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 2:59:09 PM EST

Originally Posted By WGTactical:

There are a number of good reasons to put a piece of equipment in potential harms way instead of people. Although I’m not a cop, I have had the opportunity to be the bad guy while participating in SWAT training involving barricaded or ambush scenarios. Two things became painfully obvious…the bad guy always ends up outside (condition varies) and at least one of the entry folks ends up shot. Since these SWAT teams have trained and practiced this kind of thing many times, the probability of being hit is always on their minds. Although hindsight sometimes reveals the situation was little more than a empty house, these folks can’t necessarily train that way

I'll just take your word for it. I know in some scenarios it might seem better warranted, but this seems like they went "Hey, let's knock in the door with the LAV for shits and giggles" really.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 3:34:05 PM EST
For once, just once I wish this thread could stay as it was intended. It's a piece of bad ass machinery thats it. I don't care whethe or not this is being used by Mickey Mouse to assault Universal Studios. If you don't agree with it's purchase and retrofit, that's great. If you think all departments need one, that's great. But one thing is for certain, if most of you had a chance to make a " comfortable living" selling widgets to governments, you probably would. Whether you like it or not WGT is making money off of a principle we call capitalism.

Nice work WGT!
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 3:48:25 PM EST

Originally Posted By fcs2178:
For once, just once I wish this thread could stay as it was intended. It's a piece of bad ass machinery thats it. I don't care whethe or not this is being used by Mickey Mouse to assault Universal Studios. If you don't agree with it's purchase and retrofit, that's great. If you think all departments need one, that's great. But one thing is for certain, if most of you had a chance to make a " comfortable living" selling widgets to governments, you probably would. Whether you like it or not WGT is making money off of a principle we call capitalism.

Nice work WGT!

Link Posted: 10/3/2011 4:01:13 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/3/2011 4:16:22 PM EST by marshjr]

Nice work WGT!

Treedawg and Jeffco make the same point in every thread WGT has ever posted. Guys, we get it. You think police take too many liberties, kill too many children, and operate as JBTs with the sole purpose of destroying your freedoms without any consequences. Seriously, we get it. Lets just enjoy the cool equipment WGT puts together without making it the same tired conversation.

Link Posted: 10/3/2011 4:06:33 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/3/2011 4:10:19 PM EST by Mutki]

Originally Posted By marshjr:

Nice work WGT!

Treedawg and Jeffco make the same point in every thread WGT has ever posted. Guys, we get it. You think police have take too many liberties, kill too many children, and operate as JBTs with the sole purpose of destroying your freedoms without any consequences. Seriously, we get it. Lets just enjoy the cool equipment WGT puts together without making it the same tired conversation.

ETA: I have plenty of these. Keep it coming.

Link Posted: 10/3/2011 4:18:50 PM EST
Thanks guys, I sincerely appreciate your enthusiasm
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 4:32:05 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/3/2011 4:32:32 PM EST by jeffco55]

Nice work WGT!

It is a piece of bad ass machinery, and I take no issue with WGT making money any legal way he sees fit. The issue I have is with our public servants using our money in a manner that is wasteful at best and tyrannical at worst. WGT would make ten times as much if we mere citizens were allowed to buy and restore these machines(that we have already paid for once) for ourselves, but alas that is not OK, because they belong to the king.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 4:34:56 PM EST

Originally Posted By jeffco55:

Nice work WGT!

It is a piece of bad ass machinery, and I take no issue with WGT making money any legal way he sees fit. The issue I have is with our public servants using our money in a manner that is wasteful at best and tyrannical at worst. WGT would make ten times as much if we mere citizens were allowed to buy and restore these machines(that we have already paid for once) for ourselves, but alas that is not OK, because they belong to the king.

Sounds like someone's mad he can't own one.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 4:40:28 PM EST

Nice work WGT!

I sure as hell am.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 5:36:33 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/3/2011 5:36:57 PM EST by marshjr]

Nice work WGT!

I sure as hell am.

Jeffco, start a new thread instead of jacking this one. Like i said earlier, we get it. Move on.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 5:39:37 PM EST
I still want to see it in the mud...
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 5:42:09 PM EST

Nice work WGT!

I sure as hell am.

Jeffco, start a new thread instead of jacking this one. Like i said earlier, we get it. Move on.

Link Posted: 10/3/2011 5:47:39 PM EST
I feel like I have to keep this thread alive just so Mutki will continue posting pictures!!! Well done!
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 6:07:58 PM EST

I feel like I have to keep this thread alive just so Mutki will continue posting pictures!!! Well done!

I'm posting them to mock your butthurt, actually.

Get your own thread to post pictures.

Link Posted: 10/3/2011 6:24:52 PM EST

This is what I want to see.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 6:49:21 PM EST

I don't know that I've seen any true butthurt, with the exception of the comment which refers to the tyrannical king and his servants who own the LAV, APC etc. Unfortunately they are not for sale to anyone other than govt agencies, it's just the way it is. If anyone would like to have access to one do one of the following:

A. Join an agency who posesses one
B. Refer to A.

So you can continue to post your juvenile pictures that indicate Marsh is a hater, or you could present a valid argument for Your OPINION on why everyone should be allowed to own then. Who knows someone may actually listen, if it's presented in a somewhat intelligent and professional manner.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 7:02:01 PM EST

I don't know that I've seen any true butthurt, with the exception of the comment which refers to the tyrannical king and his servants who own the LAV, APC etc. Unfortunately they are not for sale to anyone other than govt agencies, it's just the way it is. If anyone would like to have access to one do one of the following:

B. Refer to A.

So you can continue to post your juvenile pictures that indicate Marsh is a hater, or you could present a valid argument for Your OPINION on why everyone should be allowed to own then. Who knows someone may actually listen, if it's presented in a somewhat intelligent and professional manner.

Another Arfcom statist, I've found one.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 7:06:13 PM EST

B. Refer to A.

Juvenile as it may be, I will take this chance to offer you a bag of dicks.

Link Posted: 10/3/2011 7:13:02 PM EST
That beast is beautiful and I am going to start my own government and order one.
Forsyth Co has a badass beast parked at the Central Park station out in the open just so I can stare at it and drool every time I take the boy to the park.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 7:29:46 PM EST
I mean, the foreign stuff is good to go as far as ownership, right?

I'm telling you, one day I will have a BTR done up real nice for taking Sunday drives through the country, grocery store/costco missions, and the odd carpool for the kids' school.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 7:30:16 PM EST
Originally Posted By 400North:
That beast is beautiful and I am going to start my own government and order one.
Forsyth Co has a badass beast parked at the Central Park station out in the open just so I can stare at it and drool every time I take the boy to the park.

They just bought a Lenco Bearcat, I believe. They brought it down to a call in Roswell not too long ago for a barricaded gunman that had shot at the officers. It's a mean piece of machinery.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 7:43:44 PM EST
Ha yeah I saw that on the news, it's a sweet machine props on the excellent work but I couldn't help but chuckle as it looked kind of useless rolling around on those neighborhood streets.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 7:55:45 PM EST
Originally Posted By REDMASTA:
Ha yeah I saw that on the news, it's a sweet machine props on the excellent work but I couldn't help but chuckle as it looked kind of useless rolling around on those neighborhood streets.

It's big enough to put two full entry teams w shield etc and delivered them to the front door after an explosive breach was conducted on two apartments simultaneously.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 8:18:24 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/3/2011 8:19:45 PM EST by REDMASTA]

It's big enough to put two full entry teams w shield etc and delivered them to the front door after an explosive breach was conducted on two apartments simultaneously.

Still don't get it, your feet can deliver you to the door just as well, if anything less conspicuously. I always thought the military used them for screening and recon never really saw it used that way but what do I know. Whatever floats their boat I suppose, it's really cool I wouldn't mind owning one but still seems useless in what they are using it for.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 8:31:12 PM EST

Still don't get it, your feet can deliver you to the door just as well, if anything less conspicuously. I always thought the military used them for screening and recon never really saw it used that way but what do I know. Whatever floats their boat I suppose, it's really cool I wouldn't mind owning one but still seems useless in what they are using it for.

For this incident teams were deployed from main staging are which wa about half a mile away. The deployment was not covert, the bad guy knew we were coming, eventually. The use of the Bearcat provided armored cover for the teams so they were not exposed to any fire from the suspect during the lengthy approach if the had tried going in on foot. It also provided a mobile sniper platform, and an armored recovery vehicle in the event of a downed officer. also had a negotiator in the vehicle nice the suspect would not respond to normal negotiation methods.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 11:03:18 PM EST
I can't think of a single scenario where the police would need one of these.

Link Posted: 10/4/2011 1:25:05 AM EST
Originally Posted By coastal_shredder:
I mean, the foreign stuff is good to go as far as ownership, right?

Yes...you can also get some American armor, but it is going to be the older stuff that was sold to the civilian market back when it was ok. Keep in mind that the US armor that is available for sale is not going to be very affordable though.
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 2:56:19 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/4/2011 2:56:19 AM EST by VA-gunnut]
That will be enough.
Top Top