Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2005 5:36:40 PM EDT
it was honking its' horn, the lights were all flashing and it was headed right for my house... i grabbed a flashlight and started getting my wife ready to get us out of the house.  i started looking around with the light for smoke and sniffing the air, i couldn't find a fire though.

then i hear music... the firefighters are caroling.  they were singing and playing music and they had a guy dressed up as Santa waving from the top of the truck.  

my wife and i were dazed when one of these guys runs up and hands us a pair of candy canes...  then we watched them take the fire engine and run on down the street.  just running around singing and handing out candy canes and having a pretty good time... no fire.

my hat's off to those boys... that was pretty cool.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:50:35 PM EDT
[#1]
They do that in my neighborhood every year too...it's pretty cool.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:54:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I say shoot them for trespassing *lol*

...kidding.  They don't do that around here. That makes me sad

-Rob
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:56:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Years ago, when my children were young, my in-laws lived in Richmond Beach, now part of Shoreline.  Every Christmas morning a fire truck would make its rounds of the neighborhood, complete with Santa and candy canes for all the children.  

Everyone on the block would be out in their new bathrobes with a cup of coffee in hand, wishing each other the best of the Season.   It was always one of the things we looked forward to every year.  

They couldn't be with their own families that morning, so they shared their Christmas spirit and joy of the season with all of us, people that they served and protected throughout the year.

It's things like that that make a bunch of streets and houses into a neighborhood.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:00:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Thats pretty cool....

"I am Freakin' out man!!"
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:48:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Do they get paid for doing that?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:57:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Doubt it....
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:07:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Doubt it....

Sure they do!  The looks on the kids faces should be enough!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top