Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2006 1:58:01 PM EDT
does anyone know if the meeting to discuss updating the list happened today?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:08:26 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
does anyone know if the meeting to discuss updating the list happened today?

+1

enquiring minds want to know
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:31:51 PM EDT
[#2]
yeah! Ive been looking for info on this too...

anybody who knows care to share?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:35:05 PM EDT
[#3]
*Crickets*
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:54:59 PM EDT
[#4]
somebody call them and ask! J/k
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:52:03 PM EDT
[#5]
We will find out soon enough.  Keep an eye on the DoJ web site, and have your local dealer tell you if they fax him a bulletin.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:54:45 PM EDT
[#6]
*tumbleweeds*
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:26:59 PM EDT
[#7]
just picked up my new reciever today and for what its worth my FFL said he heard that by the end of the month this should be wrapped up

heres a stupid question but if this goes the way we want will we be able to get the 3 shot burst or will we have to keep the standard single shot semi?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:31:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
just picked up my new reciever today and for what its worth my FFL said he heard that by the end of the month this should be wrapped up

heres a stupid question but if this goes the way we want will we be able to get the 3 shot burst or will we have to keep the standard single shot semi?

it can not be legally made into a machine gun in CA. So it must remain a semiauto. Even in the rest of the US it can only be legally made into a machine gun using registered parts that will cost you upwards of $5-$10K.

There are exception to the machine gun ban in CA, but they aren't practical for most people(you can get a machine gun permit if you are going into the business to rent to studios, etc, and it will cost you an arm and a leg)
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:31:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

is this sarcasam? My meter is broken at the moment.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:27:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:45:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

is this sarcasam? My meter is broken at the moment.

+1

ETA This is the same reason they got banned in 2000, the public thinks they're machine guns!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:13:49 PM EDT
[#12]
I thought the reason they got banned in 1999 was because the Legislature found it easier to write gun ban legislation than to try and stop the impending energy crisis and dwindling job market.  Why tackle real problems that all Californians face when you can invent new problems and even create wonderous solutions h.gif!

Why yes there's a magical kingdom at the end of the Yellow Brick Road in Sacramento.  Magical candy rivers flow and the little legislators dance about the gumdrop hills and candy can forest!  Why solve real world problems when you can create hysteria and panic with the media all while voting in another raise and more expensive retirement plan for yourself?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:51:59 AM EDT
[#13]
no sorry not sarcasm  - I saw something about a 3 round burst and I wasnt sure if that was considered full auto.

I will say 35 hail mary's and accept my lashings
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top